BUGGED BY THE 20D !

Old May 22nd 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default BUGGED BY THE 20D !

What's really bugging me is that I don't know what this thing is.
Some sort of tiny beetle or a mite, I would guess.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/60545363

Old May 22nd 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Nice. You should post it to http://bugguide.net/ and ask for an ID.
Old May 22nd 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:
What's really bugging me is that I don't know what this thing is.
Some sort of tiny beetle or a mite, I would guess.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/60545363

Superb, Bret!! Great composition, exposure and very sharp image!
The Big Guys, NG and other well respected magazines need to see your
portfolio.
As to the bug, I have no idea what kind of bug that is. Check out the
link by Mardon. Looks interesting.
Helen

Old May 22nd 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
What's really bugging me is that I don't know what this thing is.
Some sort of tiny beetle or a mite, I would guess.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/60545363
Superb, Bret!! Great composition, exposure and very sharp image!

Does that look sharp to you?
To me, it looks like a very blurry image that's had heavy sharpening
applied.
I still find it interesting though...
Bret seems to live in an area that is filled with strange mini critters...
Here in semi-arid southern Cal...things just don't get as colorful.

Old May 22nd 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:

Does that look sharp to you?
To me, it looks like a very blurry image that's had heavy
sharpening applied.

I think it's a great image; certainly no "heavy sharpening" invloved
IMHO. Macro has a very narrow DOF, so perhaps that's why parts of it
look blurry.
Old May 22nd 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Dang thing make me itch just looking
at it.

Great job on the macro, Bret.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old May 22nd 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
What's really bugging me is that I don't know what this thing is.
Some sort of tiny beetle or a mite, I would guess.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/60545363
Superb, Bret!! Great composition, exposure and very sharp image!

Does that look sharp to you?
To me, it looks like a very blurry image that's had heavy sharpening
applied.
I still find it interesting though...
Bret seems to live in an area that is filled with strange mini critters...
Here in semi-arid southern Cal...things just don't get as colorful.

I don't believe any heavy sharpening was used. He used a Macro lens,
you can't expect corner to corner sharpness. It's still a great image.

Helen

Old May 24th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in

Here in semi-arid southern Cal...things just don't get as colorful.

There were tons of odd tiny critters to photograph in the Mojave. Maybe you
just need to look with a magnifying glass.

--
Mark

Mostly photography...
http://www.marklauter.com

Old May 24th 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Beach Bum wrote:
"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in

Here in semi-arid southern Cal...things just don't get as colorful.

There were tons of odd tiny critters to photograph in the Mojave.
Maybe you just need to look with a magnifying glass.

I guess what I REALLY need is a longer lunch hour...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old May 24th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Beach Bum wrote:
"Mark²" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in

Here in semi-arid southern Cal...things just don't get as colorful.

There were tons of odd tiny critters to photograph in the Mojave.
Maybe you just need to look with a magnifying glass.

I guess what I REALLY need is a longer lunch hour...

NOW you're talkin'

--
Mark

Mostly photography...