Mamiya TLR focus screen (aftermarket)?

Old March 12th 05, 01:59 AM
lib

Default Mamiya TLR focus screen (aftermarket)?

What is a good split-image focus screen for a C-330. I'd prefer one that is
also brighter. My eyesight is preventing me from sharp focusing using the
Mamiya viewfinder. Thanx- F.

Old March 12th 05, 03:51 AM
Stacey

lib wrote:

What is a good split-image focus screen for a C-330. I'd prefer one that
is also brighter. My eyesight is preventing me from sharp focusing using
the Mamiya viewfinder. Thanx- F.

Bill Maxwell is THE KING of focus screens.. You won't be disappointed, I've
never heard of anyone who wasn't extremely happy with one. I'd also be
shocked if you'll need a split image focus aid with one of his screens,
they are that good.

http://www.geocities.com/kievgurls/maxwell.html

--

Stacey
Old March 12th 05, 11:40 AM
Vincent Becker

What is a good split-image focus screen for a C-330. I'd prefer one that is
also brighter. My eyesight is preventing me from sharp focusing using the
Mamiya viewfinder.

I've bought a Beattie Intenscreen with grid and split-image focusing, it
is excellent and a lot brighter (2.5 f-stops) than the original Mamiya
screen.

Vincent Becker
Photographie et appareils anciens - Photography and classic cameras
http://www.lumieresenboite.com
Contact direct : http://www.lumieresenboite.com/contact.php
Old March 13th 05, 01:09 AM
lib

Thanx for the info. I looked at the Beattie screens at B+H and they are
about $150. Is that about the going rate for a screen?
My camera is a C330 "Professional" and there is no "S" or "F" letters on
it. How do I determine which is the correct screen for my camera? Thanx- JL

Old March 13th 05, 02:00 AM
Joe Pucillo

Wasn't it lib who said...
Thanx for the info. I looked at the Beattie screens at B+H and they are
about $150. Is that about the going rate for a screen?
My camera is a C330 "Professional" and there is no "S" or "F" letters on
it. How do I determine which is the correct screen for my camera? Thanx- JL

Along the chin of the camera, where the shutter release 'button'
is, the word "Professional" appears on the C330. If it doesn't
have the letter "F" or "S" after Professional, then the camera is
of the first generation of the C330, which is known as, simply, a
C330. The C330f and C330s are subsequent models.

hth

--
Joe Pucillo
Baltimore, Maryland USA

To reply by email, please remove the .xx
Old March 13th 05, 05:23 AM
Stacey

lib wrote:

Thanx for the info. I looked at the Beattie screens at B+H and they are
about $150. Is that about the going rate for a screen?
My camera is a C330 "Professional" and there is no "S" or "F" letters on
it. How do I determine which is the correct screen for my camera? Thanx-
JL

Before you jump on this "beattie" screen, just because it's easy to order
from B&W, read the recent thread on the large format forum about this
subject. You might think the beatie screen is OK, but if you saw the
difference between them and a maxwell screen, you'd be ****ed you wasted
your money on the beattie.
--

Stacey
Old March 13th 05, 10:08 AM
Vincent Becker

Thanx for the info. I looked at the Beattie screens at B+H and they are
about $150. Is that about the going rate for a screen?

I bought it from them, so I payed this price :-) But I've read the
building where their stock was has burned down last week, so I don't
know if you can order from them right now.

My camera is a C330 "Professional" and there is no "S" or "F" letters on
it. How do I determine which is the correct screen for my camera?

I have a C330 without f nor s too. You'll need the screen for the f.

I don't know about Maxwell screens, but as I'm French and live in France
I ordered a Beattie at B&H because it is more convenient (I've read here
that Maxwell will only sell by phone). If you don't have this problem,
consider one of these too, they have a very good reputation. But I'm
really pleased with my Beattie :-)