Digital Photo Frames for refrigirators??

Old December 21st 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Jones[_3_]

Default Digital Photo Frames for refrigirators??

I am looking for Digital Photo Frames (5x7) that can be put on the
refrigerator in the kitchen. The ony ones that I found were too small
or integrated into the refrigerator.

Could you please let me know if anyone is aware of this type of frames?

Thank you in advance.

NJ
Old December 21st 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bob Hatch

"Neil Jones" wrote in
message
I am looking for Digital Photo Frames (5x7) that can be put on the
refrigerator in the kitchen. The ony ones that I found were too small
or integrated into the refrigerator.

Could you please let me know if anyone is aware of this type of
frames?

Thank you in advance.

NJ

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store and buy a
roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape to the back of the
frame, and put it on the fridge door.

--
"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog
will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right!

Old December 21st 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Allodoxaphobia

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:49:19 -0700, Bob Hatch wrote:
"Neil Jones" wrote in
I am looking for Digital Photo Frames (5x7) that can be put on the
refrigerator in the kitchen. The ony ones that I found were too small
or integrated into the refrigerator.

Could you please let me know if anyone is aware of this type of frames?

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store and buy a
roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape to the back of the
frame, and put it on the fridge door.

Checking first to see the your refrigerator is not made from aluminum or
plastic....

Elsewise: Plan B.
Old December 21st 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Navas[_2_]

On 21 Dec 2008 17:42:56 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote in :

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:49:19 -0700, Bob Hatch wrote:
"Neil Jones" wrote in
I am looking for Digital Photo Frames (5x7) that can be put on the
refrigerator in the kitchen. The ony ones that I found were too small
or integrated into the refrigerator.

Could you please let me know if anyone is aware of this type of frames?

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store and buy a
roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape to the back of the
frame, and put it on the fridge door.

Checking first to see the your refrigerator is not made from aluminum or
plastic....

Elsewise: Plan B.

Velcro.
--
Best regards,
John
Old December 21st 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr Microphone

"Bob Hatch" wrote in message

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store and buy a
roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape to the back of the
frame, and put it on the fridge door.

The 'This Old House Method'

Drive a couple of drywall screws though the side of the frame into the
fridge door,avoid the LCD panel. Adhesive tape will eventually become weak
allowing your LCD display to come crashing down upon the floor shattering
into a million tiny fragments of which some could be imbedded into the
bottom of your bare foot resulting in possible gangrene and limb amputation.

Didn't see that one coming did ya?

Old December 21st 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Navas[_2_]

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:58:14 -0800, "Mr Microphone"
wrote in
:

"Bob Hatch" wrote in message

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store and buy a
roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape to the back of the
frame, and put it on the fridge door.

Drive a couple of drywall screws though the side of the frame into the
fridge door,avoid the LCD panel. Adhesive tape will eventually become weak
allowing your LCD display to come crashing down upon the floor shattering
into a million tiny fragments of which some could be imbedded into the
bottom of your bare foot resulting in possible gangrene and limb amputation.

Not if you use commercial grade Velcro tape. I've had speakers hanging
off my monitor that way for years without a problem.
Old December 21st 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

wrote:

"Bob Hatch" wrote in message

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store and buy a
roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape to the back of the
frame, and put it on the fridge door.

The 'This Old House Method'

Drive a couple of drywall screws though the side of the frame into the
fridge door,avoid the LCD panel. Adhesive tape will eventually become weak
allowing your LCD display to come crashing down upon the floor shattering
into a million tiny fragments of which some could be imbedded into the
bottom of your bare foot resulting in possible gangrene and limb amputation.

Didn't see that one coming did ya?

What about the cord? My digital frame has a cord with a transformer,
and it has to be plugged in. Gonna be ugly with a cord drooping down.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old December 21st 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke

Mr Microphone wrote:
"Bob Hatch" wrote in message

Buy the frame you want, then go to Wal-Mart or any crafts store and
buy a roll of adhesive backed magnetic tape. Apply the tape to the
back of the frame, and put it on the fridge door.

The 'This Old House Method'

Drive a couple of drywall screws though the side of the frame into
the fridge door,avoid the LCD panel. Adhesive tape will eventually
become weak allowing your LCD display to come crashing down upon the
floor shattering into a million tiny fragments of which some could
be
imbedded into the bottom of your bare foot resulting in possible
gangrene and limb amputation.

Didn't see that one coming did ya?

Ok, take some lacquer thinner, wipe the adhesive off the magnetic
tape, and epoxy it in place instead.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old December 21st 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr Microphone

"John Navas" wrote in message

Not if you use commercial grade Velcro tape. I've had speakers hanging
off my monitor that way for years without a problem.

Velcro still has a chemical adhesive back that even the slightest
condensation could weaken and eventually lead to a nasty mess on the floor
of one's dwelling.

Screws, rivets or machine screws are the only way to go besides who's gonna
know? Hit the exposed screw or nut heads with some coal black "Shake and
Shoot" and you're good to go.

'Nuff said...