HELP - Wedding Photo Negatives lost -have proofs - need an album

Old October 30th 03, 12:20 AM
zogloba

Default HELP - Wedding Photo Negatives lost -have proofs - need an album

My wife and I have been trying to get our wedding album and reprints
from the photographer for over 2 years. We finally had a lawyer
contact him, and now he says that he has mislaid the negatives. We
have medium format proofs of all the usual and important wedding
shots, as well as 35 mm BW candids. What is the best way to have them
turned into an album and also have enlargements made ? Can anyone
recommend any photofinishers who can help ?
Old October 30th 03, 01:07 AM
Erwin eas

You've answered your own question. Turn the prints over to a service bureau for
enlargements to be made. Also, just put the prints into an album. If he's lost
the negs and has NOT finished the job, he owes you some money.
Old October 30th 03, 02:41 AM
mark

your best bet (since you have a computer) is just buy a good desktop scanner
and scan the proofs. Should make decent 8x10 prints.

om...

Old October 30th 03, 07:47 AM
Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee

As the man said, desktop scanner, digitally make them sepia and you'll have
lovely shots, if the colour is not great.

Old November 1st 03, 03:22 AM
zeitgeist

there are several online dealers of professional photo albums direct to the
public, I'm sure a search of google will find them.