FS:Canon Elan 7e kit

Old July 12th 04, 02:17 AM
Frank Cave

Default FS:Canon Elan 7e kit

Canon Elan 7e like new in box with EF 28-90mm f4-5.6 and vertical
grip. Bought new for wife last year and she has used it very little.
All are in original boxes with manuals and warranty cards. Want to
sell to buy new digital p&s. Asking $500

Respond to
Old July 12th 04, 04:50 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

Frank, you can buy a brand new Elan 7Ne with the vertical grip from B&H for
$520, complete with a brand new warranty, so you're probably looking at
$400-425 for a used setup with last year's model. The Elans are great
bodies, I was really surprised when I sold my IIe in similar condition about
18 months ago and it fetched less than $200 (without the grip). I think the
low-priced Digital Rebel and Nikon N70 have really accelerated many of the
film SLR owners to digital, resulting in some drastic reductions in values
on the used market. I was ready to put my EOS 3 on the market towards the
new 1D MkII til I saw it was worth less than $500. For that price, I'll keep
it.

Best of luck with your (or your wife's) move to digital.

Tom P.

om...