Hard cases for Exilim z50

Old January 31st 05, 05:30 PM
cymbalzzz

Default Hard cases for Exilim z50

I had a Z4U which, apparently, I mistreated in the canyons of my purse
(shoving it in there without putting it in a case first...yeah, I know;
I know!), because now about 2/3 of my LCD is dead pixels. I can still
take pix through the optical viewfinder, but I have no idea what my
settings are.

I have a new Z50 set to arrive tomorrow. I am vowing to take better
care of it.

Does anyone know of any hard cases (aluminum?) for this series of
cameras?
Or has anyone fashioned a hard case from any other type product which
they have found worked?

There are a couple on eBay which are touted to work with the Canon
Elphs, and I think they would also work with the Exilims, but I can't
get the seller to return my question via email (not a good sign.)
Thanks!

Old January 31st 05, 07:49 PM
Frank Vuotto

On 31 Jan 2005 09:30:30 -0800, "cymbalzzz"
wrote:

I had a Z4U which, apparently, I mistreated in the canyons of my purse
(shoving it in there without putting it in a case first...yeah, I know;

Not even a soft case ? I have a little cloth bag that I use carry my
Z40 around in my pocket (almost always) and I think the little bugger
is really tough.

Frank /~ http://newmex.com/f10
@/

Old February 1st 05, 12:43 AM
Ron Hunter

cymbalzzz wrote:
I had a Z4U which, apparently, I mistreated in the canyons of my purse
(shoving it in there without putting it in a case first...yeah, I know;
I know!), because now about 2/3 of my LCD is dead pixels. I can still
take pix through the optical viewfinder, but I have no idea what my
settings are.

I have a new Z50 set to arrive tomorrow. I am vowing to take better
care of it.

Does anyone know of any hard cases (aluminum?) for this series of
cameras?
Or has anyone fashioned a hard case from any other type product which
they have found worked?

There are a couple on eBay which are touted to work with the Canon
Elphs, and I think they would also work with the Exilims, but I can't
get the seller to return my question via email (not a good sign.)
Thanks!

I have read that some Casio camera will nest nicely in Altoids tins. If
that size camera is your choice, then it is a novel idea. I am just
wondering exacly HOW hostile is the environment in your purse. Should
Homeland Security be concerned? Grin.

--
Ron Hunter
Old February 1st 05, 05:13 PM
cymbalzzz

Ron Hunter wrote:

I have read that some Casio camera will nest nicely in Altoids tins.

If
that size camera is your choice, then it is a novel idea. I am just
wondering exacly HOW hostile is the environment in your purse.

Should
Homeland Security be concerned? Grin.

Wow! An Altoid's tin. Hmmm. I had never thought of that. I will
have to eat all the ones out of the tin residing in my hostile purse at
the moment and give it a try when I get home. I'll post a report on my
findings.

I dunno why the bowels of my purse were so cruel to my poor little
Z40's LCD, but who knows what the purse gremlins do in there when I'm
not looking. :-)

Thanks,
Sara