Looking for time lapse software recomendations

Old April 16th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randall

Default Looking for time lapse software recomendations

Hello all.

I was interested in trying to do some time lapse photography, probably
something like the sun rising or setting.

Does anyone know of good software to make the individual JPG's (or
even RAW) into an MPG, AVI, or MOV?

I currently use Windows XP and already have a DSLR to do the time
lapse photography part. I just need good software to put it all
together.

Thanks
Old April 16th 07, 08:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matt Ion

Randall wrote:
Hello all.

I was interested in trying to do some time lapse photography, probably
something like the sun rising or setting.

Does anyone know of good software to make the individual JPG's (or
even RAW) into an MPG, AVI, or MOV?

I currently use Windows XP and already have a DSLR to do the time
lapse photography part. I just need good software to put it all
together.

Windows Movie Maker, bundled with SP2.
Old April 16th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bhogi

Randall wrote:
Hello all.

I was interested in trying to do some time lapse photography, probably
something like the sun rising or setting.

Does anyone know of good software to make the individual JPG's (or
even RAW) into an MPG, AVI, or MOV?

I currently use Windows XP and already have a DSLR to do the time
lapse photography part. I just need good software to put it all
together.

Thanks

Two years ago I used VirtualDub, it lets you choose from a variety of
codecs, easy to use, but opened only bmp or tga. So some scripting in
PS has to be done and I also had to write an app to rename the files
after they went from 9999 to 0000 again.
I made a few nice cloud movies and then decided it's not worth
destroying the shutter/mirror (canon 20d with a remote timer switch)
after just a few days of shooting.

Old April 16th 07, 09:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Derek Fountain

Does anyone know of good software to make the individual JPG's (or
even RAW) into an MPG, AVI, or MOV?

I'd recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. It might be a bit of overkill for
what you want, but it's not too expensive (especially in light of what
it's capable of). I used it and my 20D to create this flower animation:

http://photos.derekfountain.org/othe...lip/index.html

--
Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/
Old April 16th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Randall wrote:
Hello all.

I was interested in trying to do some time lapse photography, probably
something like the sun rising or setting.

Does anyone know of good software to make the individual JPG's (or
even RAW) into an MPG, AVI, or MOV?

I currently use Windows XP and already have a DSLR to do the time
lapse photography part. I just need good software to put it all
together.

Photoshop CS3 Extended.

--
John McWilliams