E-85 is a good thing

Old June 4th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default E-85 is a good thing

It's a good thing and I am for it. Older engines rebuilt for it will
run cooler and longer. And corn prices will be stabilized.

Old June 4th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"RapidRonnie" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's a good thing and I am for it. Older engines rebuilt for it will
run cooler and longer. And corn prices will be stabilized.

Yes. There are now four major uses of corn.....Eatin', drinkin', smokin' and
drivin'.

Old June 5th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Too much grain.

Old June 5th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Kinon O'cann" Yes.it's.me.Bowser wrote in message
. ..
It's great; for the OPEC nations. It takes almost as much energy to
produce the stuff as it provides. Total waste of time.

Of course....You can't manufacture energy....All you can do is convert it
from one form to another. Consider a storage battery. It gives us the
advantage of portability. But we don't get the energy out of it without
putting the same or more energy into it. So, in your eyes, it too, is a
loser, because it has to be charged, and we'll never get more energy out of
it than we put into it by charging it. Now suppose we found a cache of
already charged storage batteries under the ground, just waiting to be used
up. This is great, and we would dig them up and use them. We couldn't do any
better than this. But, sooner or later, we would run out of them, and when
that happened, we would have to start charging them up. This is analogous to
burning gasoline made from crude oil. Of course it is the mast efficient
fuel we can get.....But when it runs out, then we are going to have to start
making our energy, and that is, of course, going to be less efficient than
burning the gasoline.....

Old June 5th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"RapidRonnie" wrote in message
roups.com...
It's a good thing and I am for it. Older engines rebuilt for it will
run cooler and longer. And corn prices will be stabilized.

Costs more to produce.
Can't be delivered via pipeline, trucks only
less mpg.

Yup, good stuff.

Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Now I can do what I enjoy: Large Format Photography

Web Site: www.destarr.com
Old June 6th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"bmoag" wrote in message
om...
Too much grain.

Not only that, don't use it in a vehicle with a fiberglas tank. They have
been used in some pleasure boats (but not cars). It destroys the tank and
almost everything else.
Jim

Old June 6th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

David Starr wrote:

"RapidRonnie" wrote in message
groups.com...

It's a good thing and I am for it. Older engines rebuilt for it will
run cooler and longer. And corn prices will be stabilized.

Costs more to produce.
Can't be delivered via pipeline, trucks only
less mpg.

Yup, good stuff.

Yeah, thy only sold 0ver 800,000,000 Gallons in Illinois last year.
Talk about a failure.
Old June 6th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Jim wrote:

Not only that, don't use it in a vehicle with a fiberglas tank. They have
been used in some pleasure boats (but not cars). It destroys the tank and
almost everything else.

For those that can read there are clear disclaimers that E-85 is for
E-85 compliant cars of which GM, Ford and Chrysler have made about 6
million.

Even in the US that's most people.