General Announcement

Old October 7th 12, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
otter

Default General Announcement

On Oct 6, 10:03*am, SI Committee
wrote:
Dear SI participants,

The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
other interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwwU...eature=related
Old October 7th 12, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 2012.10.07 09:44 , otter wrote:
On Oct 6, 10:03 am, SI Committee
wrote:
Dear SI participants,

The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
other interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwwU...eature=related

It will be if somebody doesn't step up.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Old October 7th 12, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
George Kerby

On 10/7/12 10:02 AM, in article ,
"tony cooper" wrote:

wrote:
Dear SI participants,

The Committee regrets to announce that Alan Browne, who has served the
SI honorably and with dedication since January, has informed the
Committee of his decision to step down as SI director in order to pursue
other interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRwwU...eature=related

It will be if somebody doesn't step up.

Can we submit nominations, or must nominations be self-submitted?

If nominations from the floor are acceptable, I nominate Bruce. Bruce
has been the SI's severest critic and has taken the position that he
is a better judge of photography than anyone else here.

It's assumed, then, that he can do it better than anyone else. He's
the natural candidate for this.

What about Tonto the MothMan?

Old October 7th 12, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 12:03:22 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:
:
:
:
: On 10/7/12 10:02 AM, in article ,
:
: wrote:
:
: On 2012.10.07 09:44 , otter wrote:
: On Oct 6, 10:03 am, SI Committee
: wrote:
: Dear SI participants,
:
[...]

He's been gone for a while, hasn't he? Probably he's either back on his meds
or back in the hatch.

Bob
Old October 7th 12, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
George Kerby

On 10/7/12 12:37 PM, in article ,
"Robert Coe" wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 12:03:22 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:
:
:
:
: On 10/7/12 10:02 AM, in article
,
:
: wrote:
:
: On 2012.10.07 09:44 , otter wrote:
: On Oct 6, 10:03 am, SI Committee
: wrote:
: Dear SI participants,
:
[...]

Chrysalis?

Old October 7th 12, 08:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 13:44:23 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:
:
:
:
: On 10/7/12 12:37 PM, in article ,
: "Robert Coe" wrote:
:
: On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 12:03:22 -0500, George Kerby
: wrote:
: :
: :
: :
: : On 10/7/12 10:02 AM, in article
,
: : "tony cooper" wrote:
: :
: : On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 10:26:37 -0400, Alan Browne
: : wrote:
: :
: : On 2012.10.07 09:44 , otter wrote:
: : On Oct 6, 10:03 am, SI Committee
[...]