Sad to read this moronic thread... CANON - The Great Pretender

Old August 24th 04, 04:53 AM
ThomasH

Default Sad to read this moronic thread... CANON - The Great Pretender

It is sad to read this thread: Both "sides" tell here opinionated
stories with self made up claims and manipulated facts. Probably
the "best of the best" of the moronic messages here was the claim
that Canon has "always" dominated the 35mm pro market... This is
closely followed by the repeated self made theory about the "too
small diameter" in "antiquated Nikon F mount." Bravo to both
authors and well deserved "1st class Moron Award." Please do some
reading.

I am one of the users of *both* brands and I sure like a lot in
both Canon's and Nikon's implementation of the 35mm systems.
Competition brings the prices down, innovation on both sides
forces to outbid the opponent. I am sure that this will stay
that way to our all advantage. My only regret is that Pentax
and Minolta cannot keep up with the size and variety of
components of the Canon and Nikon system.

It is amazing that such emotional threads always attract the
most replies, and that they seemingly never end.

Thomas

nikonpro wrote:

CANON - The Great Pretender

Undoubtedly during the 60's, 70's and 80's Nikon dominated
professional 35mm film photography, the F2 being the camera of the
70's and the F3 (nobody can doubt) ruled the 80's (does anybody recall
that ad where they lined up all the fleet street photographers and
without exception they had F3's? Not one F1 in site! those were the
heady days the F3 dominated the world) - Canon was strictly for the
boys (F1 was a joke, Uncle Ted had his AE-1p etc)

Canons stroke of genius also became its achilles heel. By throwing

....etc.etc
Old August 24th 04, 06:42 AM
Mark M

"ThomasH" wrote in message
[...]

Most of the posts in this thread are tongue-in-cheek.
-Just a bit of fun by the very people who really aren't all that big of
trumpeters of this brand or that.

Same with all the silliness about the apostrophe.
Nobody here REALLY cares.

Old August 24th 04, 07:42 AM
David J Taylor

Mark M wrote:
[]
Same with all the silliness about the apostrophe.
Nobody here REALLY cares.

.... and isn't that how standards just continue to drop?

Old August 24th 04, 07:42 AM
David J Taylor

[]

Old August 24th 04, 10:07 AM
Mark M

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message ...
Mark M wrote:
[]
Same with all the silliness about the apostrophe.
Nobody here REALLY cares.

... and isn't that how standards just continue to drop?

My statement wasn't quite accurate...

What I meant was: Within the context of USE-NET, people here don't really
care.
I, in fact, do care. To me, the sloppy use of the apostrophe (and other
similarly annoying language issues) are a sign of poor education. BUT--Here
on these forums, it's not critically important. Just as we speak
differently than we formally write, so do we informally type here.
This forum is conversational and typically not concerned with the
technicalities of language unless some troll is losing an argument and has
nothing else to gripe about. That's why I made the comment about this
thread being largely a tongue-in-cheek event.

Old August 24th 04, 04:40 PM
John McWilliams

Mark M wrote:

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message ...

Mark M wrote:
[]

Same with all the silliness about the apostrophe.
Nobody here REALLY cares.

... and isn't that how standards just continue to drop?

My statement wasn't quite accurate...

What I meant was: Within the context of USE-NET, people here don't really
care.
I, in fact, do care. To me, the sloppy use of the apostrophe (and other
similarly annoying language issues) are a sign of poor education. BUT--Here
on these forums, it's not critically important. Just as we speak
differently than we formally write, so do we informally type here.
This forum is conversational and typically not concerned with the
technicalities of language unless some troll is losing an argument and has
nothing else to gripe about. That's why I made the comment about this
thread being largely a tongue-in-cheek event.

Ah, so it was tongue-in-cheek commentary on t.i.c. threads! I'd observe
that the threads that generate the most heat often have the least light,
be they re photog or not.

I try to not pay attention to spelling errers not to mention punctuation
and grammar mistakes of. Unless it's on someone correcting another- then
he's fair game. Or unless he's an insufferable pendant who makes others
wrong, or ....

--
John McWilliams

Even if you learned to speak English perfectly, whom would you speak it to?