What's the largest CF Card a Nikon D70 can take?

Old January 31st 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred Finisterre

Default What's the largest CF Card a Nikon D70 can take?

I'd hate to buy one that wasn't compatible.

Thanks,

Fred.

Old January 31st 07, 08:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On 1月31日, 下午3时13分, "Fred Finisterre" wrote:
I'd hate to buy one that wasn't compatible.

Thanks,

Fred.

2G.i'msure...

Old January 31st 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
sierra

On Jan 31, 9:54*am, wrote:
On 1鏈31鏃, 涓嬪崍3鏃13鍒, "Fred Finisterre" wrote:

I'd hate to buy one that wasn't compatible.

Thanks,

Fred.

2G.i'msure...

Check out the Nikon support website - they show 4GB Lexar (and
Microdrive) units approved. Other makes and larger sizes may be OK,
but they haven't tested them yet, allegedly.

Old January 31st 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd hate to buy one that wasn't compatible.

Thanks,

The D70(s) can use FAT32 file systems on the memory cards, so in theory
they can use cards up to 8 terabytes. FAT32 specs allow up to 8
terabytes, but the firmware in the camera may limit the capacity to
32gigs (possible format limit) or less. Large cards were not available
when the D70 was first produced.

The D70(s) is known to be compatible with cards up to at least 4gigs. If
you want to use a larger card than that, take it in to a store and
confirm it works with a larger card.

Old January 31st 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jfixit

Fred Finisterre wrote:
I'd hate to buy one that wasn't compatible.

Thanks,

Fred.

i use a 4 GIG Ultra II Sandisk in my D 70S ti works great
it shows 734 in raw

JOE
Old January 31st 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
C J Campbell

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:13:08 -0800, Fred Finisterre wrote
(in article .com):

I'd hate to buy one that wasn't compatible.

Thanks,

Fred.

If it worries you, try it out first. I would be surprised if any of today's
cards are too large.

However, 4G is pushing your luck in another way: cards go bad, usually at the
worst possible time. If you have 4G of pictures you just might prefer losing
only 1G instead of all four of them. Better to have four smaller cards than
one big one. Changing cards takes only a few seconds. I believe it was Scott
Kelby who suggested that keeping 75% of the pictures from that wedding shoot
instead of 0% might keep you from having a little heart-to-heart talk with
the attorney representing the parents of the bride, if you know what I mean.
I have used a 4G card in the D70, but the reason I have 4G cards is for use
in the D200 shooting NEF format. Use in the D70 is incidental. I prefer much
smaller cards with that camera.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor