Merry Christmas

Old December 28th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
[email protected]

Default Merry Christmas

In , on 12/28/06
at 02:09 AM, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
said:

But who cares what I think...

Regarding your views about "god," I could not agree more... -
les clark / edgewater, nj / usa

Old December 28th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

AnOvercomer 02 wrote:
(Harry Stottle) wrote:

Not a problem for us atheists, we don't
believe in the devil

If there is no devil then why would a man walk into a bank, shoot a man
in the back, killing him, and say merry christmas as he leaves. Click
link below for details.
http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1206/382587.html

This man is probably posessed by many devils.

All of them in his head. Crime is crime and cannot be attributed to
'devils'.

The fact is that Little Rock is a violent place:

Little Rock city population: 184,000
Murders to date in 2006: 55

Montreal metro population: 3,636,700
Murders to date in 2006: 62

Happy New Year! Know that about 55 people in Little Rock will be
murdered next year! Try not to be one of them.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 28th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Annika1980

Harry Stottle wrote:

Not a problem for us atheists, we don't believe in the devil either,
which is why these scare stories written to try and make us conform,
will never work.

So what stops an atheist from just going around stealing and killing
people they don't like?

Old December 28th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Cgiorgio

It maybe something called "common sense" and "ethics", not too widespread
between religious fundies however (crusades, witch trials, suicide
terroriste etc.)

"Annika1980" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...

Old December 28th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
J. Clarke

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:17:41 -0800, Annika1980 wrote:

Harry Stottle wrote:

Not a problem for us atheists, we don't believe in the devil either,
which is why these scare stories written to try and make us conform,
will never work.

So what stops an atheist from just going around stealing and killing
people they don't like?

The same thing that keeps Muslims from going around stealing and killing
people they don't like? Oops.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old December 28th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Harry Stottle

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Stottle wrote:

Not a problem for us atheists, we don't believe in the devil either,
which is why these scare stories written to try and make us conform,
will never work.

So what stops an atheist from just going around stealing and killing
people they don't like?

Atheists don't believe in god, that has nothing to do with not believing
in law and order, which can be easily achieved without the threat of an
imaginary hell.

Old December 28th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
MarkČ

Harry Stottle wrote:

Not a problem for us atheists, we don't believe in the devil either,
which is why these scare stories written to try and make us conform,
will never work.

So what stops an atheist from just going around stealing and killing
people they don't like?

Atheists don't believe in god, that has nothing to do with not
believing in law and order, which can be easily achieved without the
threat of an imaginary hell.

Belief in Gad is not dependant upon a fear of "hell."

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old December 28th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Bill Funk

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:24:28 -0000, "Harry Stottle"
wrote:

I don't think Hell is a big fire-pit.
I think Hell will be the place where people recognize that they've
utterly missed their opportunity to know God...and are then faced with
the reality of being eternally alone. If there is "knashing of
teeth..." I think it will be due to ultimate lonliness...rather than
physical pain or physical torment.

But who cares what I think...

I think you are in for a big disappointment.

If the atheists are right, he won't be disappointed.
He won't be anything.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old December 28th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
MarkČ

wrote:

I don't think Hell is a big fire-pit.
I think Hell will be the place where people recognize that they've
utterly missed their opportunity to know God...and are then faced
with the reality of being eternally alone. If there is "knashing of
teeth..." I think it will be due to ultimate lonliness...rather than
physical pain or physical torment.

But who cares what I think...

I think you are in for a big disappointment.

If the atheists are right, he won't be disappointed.
He won't be anything.

If there is any disappointment after death (or any thought at all, for that
matter), then atheists may have some reason for concern. If they're right,
then neither of us will care. If I'm right, there may indeed be
disappointment.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old December 28th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Pudentame

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
So long as I'm happy while I'm alive, I don't care when I die.

I have this vision of arriving in Heaven and God holding out
his hand and smiling, asking "Well, tell me, how did you
enjoy it?"

Me: "I didn't, I was miserable worrying about the oil running
out and public transportation and starving Lemurs and
Mama taking my Kodachrome away and ..."

God: "And after I put all that effort into making the universe
you refused to enjoy it. What an ingrate."

God picks up the phone:

God: "Hey, Luce baby, I have another one who would really be
much happier down there with you. Got any openings?
Good ol' Luce, he always has room for one more."

Bill Cosby once had a routine about driving a Volkswagon in San
Francisco. He was ok until he had to stop on a hill. Didn't know how to
start again using the clutch and was stuck 'cause he didn't want to roll
backwards and end up drowning in the bay.

He said he could just envision it ...

St. Peter: "And how did *you* die?"

Bill Cosby: "I rolled a VW backwards into San Francisco bay and drowned."

St. Peter: "You go to hell!"