Bird People

Old August 3rd 05, 10:00 PM
wilt

Jean wirtes:
Oh, I do object to the price of cars today, I find it ridiculous for
people
to pay extra for leather seats and a good sound system in a car when
they
sit on furniture from Wallmart's and listen to a cheap sound system at
home.
My car needs a new paint job, but I will buy a painting for my house
instead
of letting my neighbors see a shiny car.

Each person has their 'weak spot'. Some women spend major money on
$300 purses...Buy 10 of them and you've paid for a lens that a bird
enthusiast or a sports photographer (even one who is only an
enthusiast) can use! Some people pay fortunes for 'collectible' items
yet never sell them later, they merely tie up their money. Some
squander their money paying for $100 a seat performances (stage,
musical performance, etc) and have only a couple of hours for their
expense.
Different strokes for different folks.

--Wilt

Old August 3rd 05, 11:14 PM
jean

"wilt" a écrit dans le message de
ups.com...
[...]

You are so right, my sister spends way more on clothes than I do on lenses
and camera gear. The trouble with this is that it's so easy to justify the
purchase of a big ticket item such as: smoking a pack a day = $3000 per
year, I don't smoke so I can buy a $3000 lens. On the other hand, I drop
all my change in a pot, after a year, I get about $1000 from all those rolls
of coins, then I just blow it on a nice piece of gear and I don't feel
guilty about it at all ;-)

Jean