Digital SLR questions

Old July 31st 05, 01:11 AM
Jay

Default Digital SLR questions

I'd like to personally invite you to join the new PhotoCamel.com discussion
forum. PhotoCamel is aimed primarily at pros and enthusiasts, and its goal
is to be a friendly and informative forum for discussing all things
photographic!

Registration is free and easy.

Thanks.

Jay
Forum Creator
http://www.photocamel.com
Old July 31st 05, 02:16 AM
Pete D

Sorry Jay last time you trolled here nobody came, what makes you think they
will com this time? You need to moderate the riff raff and look at your
forum groupings.

. ..

Old July 31st 05, 09:48 AM
Toa

I'd like to personally invite you to join the new PhotoCamel.com
discussion
Jay

Why? What's wrong with this place?

Toa

Old August 1st 05, 11:34 AM
Rob

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:48:08 +1200, "Toa" wrote:

I'd like to personally invite you to join the new PhotoCamel.com
discussion
Jay

Why? What's wrong with this place?

Toa

My thoughts exactly.
Also he felt the need to come HERE to advertise.
Old August 1st 05, 12:49 PM
Pete D

Rob wrote in message ...
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:48:08 +1200, "Toa" wrote:

I'd like to personally invite you to join the new PhotoCamel.com
discussion
Jay

Why? What's wrong with this place?

Toa

My thoughts exactly.
Also he felt the need to come HERE to advertise.

It is his place, he likes it. Have you had a look? Canon and Nikon penis
contest!

Old August 1st 05, 07:59 PM
Toa

It is his place, he likes it. Have you had a look? Canon and Nikon penis
contest!

Wow, just like here
BWAHAHAHAHA

Toa

Old August 2nd 05, 06:52 AM
Pete D

"Toa" wrote in message

It is his place, he likes it. Have you had a look? Canon and Nikon penis
contest!

Wow, just like here
BWAHAHAHAHA

Toa

Yep, pretty much, but he has sections where just Canon penis's can gather
and not be embarrassed by the size of their weener.

Old August 2nd 05, 06:10 PM
Paul H.

"Toa" wrote in message
I'd like to personally invite you to join the new PhotoCamel.com
discussion
Jay

Why? What's wrong with this place?

What's wrong with this place? If you have to ask, you're a complete moron
and I bet your camera is an over-priced piece of junk.

Of course I don't mean it, but the preceding illustrates just "what's wrong
with this place" much of the time. The signal-to-noise ratio often gets so
low, one is more likely to get better information about photography from a
supermarket tabloid than from this group which, by the way, probably ought
to be renamed "rec.photo.digital.dslr-holywars."

Old August 2nd 05, 08:22 PM
Toa

Of course I don't mean it, but the preceding illustrates just "what's
wrong
with this place" much of the time. The signal-to-noise ratio often gets
so
low, one is more likely to get better information about photography from a
supermarket tabloid than from this group which, by the way, probably ought
to be renamed "rec.photo.digital.dslr-holywars."

It's no different to many groups. There is only so much tech talk that can
occur befroe it becomes repetitive. So it evolves into discussions which
evolve into disagreements. To avoid the nasty bitch-fights that can and do
occur some chose to instead get into friendly banter and chatter so as to
remain in the group and garner the occasional sliver of helpful information
that they've not already aquired

I've participated in another group for the past seven years. As a result
I've made many lasting friendships and have frequently travelled
internationally to meet with many of those friends that I would never have
known existed had I not participated.

I'm happy for folk to vent if that's what spins their wheels and maybe I'll
vent back if I feel so inclined but mostly I'll just clock in each day,
gather what I can, offer what I can and enjoy the company until it gets such
that I'm unwelcome or something more interesting enters my life

Toa