D300 took years to fall to 1/2 price. D7000 took months.

Old March 18th 14, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

Default D300 took years to fall to 1/2 price. D7000 took months.

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I anticipate a long wait, so I will do other thngs while waiting.

hopefully ones which take you away from the computer.
Old March 18th 14, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 3/18/2014 10:48 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I anticipate a long wait, so I will do other thngs while waiting.

hopefully ones which take you away from the computer.

\

I understand your feelings. I might call you out on another inane statement.

My conclusion is that you lied when You said I was wrong. You still
haven't answered my question, asI said you wouldn't .

--
PeterN
Old March 19th 14, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 17:26:31 -0400, nospam
wrote:

the weather sealing is the same as a d300.

Wrong at the get go. There is no weather sealing what-so-ever on the
door to the storage media and just guess what side of the camera faces
up when slung cross body over the right shoulder when using something
like a Blackrapid strap?

the buffer isn't as big, but
that's rarely an issue in most situations. the control layout and door
mechanism are *very* subjective and slrs are a rule are hard to use
with gloves anyway.

So over on the raw converter thread you push features I have no need
for in your preferred tool and now you call features I need and would
even prefer to pay more for subjective.

What a clairvoyant. You are consistent though.

Old March 19th 14, 01:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , me
wrote:

the weather sealing is the same as a d300.

Wrong at the get go. There is no weather sealing what-so-ever on the
door to the storage media and just guess what side of the camera faces
up when slung cross body over the right shoulder when using something
like a Blackrapid strap?

check again.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d7100/

With effective sealing applied on various parts of the body, it
secures weather and dust resistance, equivalent to the D800 series
and D300S.

the buffer isn't as big, but
that's rarely an issue in most situations. the control layout and door
mechanism are *very* subjective and slrs are a rule are hard to use
with gloves anyway.

So over on the raw converter thread you push features I have no need
for in your preferred tool and now you call features I need and would
even prefer to pay more for subjective.

i didn't say you didn't need those features.

what i said was that it's rarely an issue in most situations, which is
true. that means it can be an issue in some situations, and you happen
to encounter those particular ones. most people don't.

what you need to remember is that nikon (and other companies) do not
make cameras for *you* personally. they make cameras to sell to the
most number of people. that might mean you need to buy a different
model if they don't offer the exact mix of features you want.
Old March 19th 14, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:50:30 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , me
wrote:

the weather sealing is the same as a d300.

Wrong at the get go. There is no weather sealing what-so-ever on the
door to the storage media and just guess what side of the camera faces
up when slung cross body over the right shoulder when using something
like a Blackrapid strap?

check again.

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d7100/

With effective sealing applied on various parts of the body, it
secures weather and dust resistance, equivalent to the D800 series
and D300S.

Either this is BS or the memory card doors on the D300S and D800 are
inferior to the D200/D300. I have my D200, D300 and D7100 lined up
side by side. The covers on the D200 and D300 have rubber weather
sealing completely circling the opening which get compressed when the
door is latched shut. The D7000 has no weatherstripping and the door
slides shut with little tension on the cover. Simple friction against
the door is what opens it. Nowhere near as secure as that on the
D200/300.

Hey 'Duck is your D300s the same as the D200/300? I don't see why it
wouldn't be.
Old March 19th 14, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 3/18/2014 8:50 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , me
wrote:

[...]

Out comes your "most people" phase.

--
PeterN
Old March 20th 14, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-03-19 20:39:43 +0000, me said:

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:50:30 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , me
wrote:

[...]

On the D300S there is a thin rubber weather strip. The memory card slot
cover has to be slid to the rear to unlatch. The seal is remade when it
is slid forward to compress the strip and latch the cover. The
I/O(HDMI, A/V, mic, DC, USB) bay, 10-pin connector, & flash sync
terminal are each sealed with a rubber cover with substantial recesses.

Savageduck

D7000 C J Campbell[_2_] Digital SLR Cameras 1 October 30th 10 02:49 AM
D7000 Robert Coe Digital SLR Cameras 1 October 29th 10 02:42 AM
Better in low light: D7000 or D300? Don Wiss Digital SLR Cameras 23 October 23rd 10 10:50 AM
Hey Noons, Has it Really Been 6 Months? tony cooper 35mm Photo Equipment 0 May 31st 09 05:26 AM