MACRO SHOTS QUESTION

Old July 10th 06, 01:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,news.misc.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Isaiah Beard

Default MACRO SHOTS QUESTION

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"Talal Itani" wrote:
Wow. Very interesting photos. Thank you. I am glad you confirmed what I
had thought. A Good Digital P&S can take relatively very good macro photos.

A P&S _can_ take good macro photos. But it may or may not be
able to get a good photograph of any given object that you need
an image of. When *everything* is right, the P&S does well, but
on normal days when not quite everything is perfect you will do
a *lot* better with a DSLR and assorted accessories.

Well bear in mind, it also depends on the skill level of the person
holding the camera and the their ability to use the tools given them. I
would highly doubt that someone who puts a Canon 5D in "Green box" mode
and snaps shots with a macro lens is going to get anything that's much
different from a good P&S in macro mode.

Likewise, if someone looks at the macro image from a P&S and says "hey,
that's good enough," then they probably aren't going to benefit, for
their own use anyway, from a dSLR with the right glass. And if that's
what they want, then hey, more power to them because they won't have to
spend thousands to get the quality level they're looking for.

There was a time when I said the same thing about P&S cameras. Now, I
know better, and know that *for me*, shelling out the bucks is worth it.
The OP may, someday, know better too. Or, he or she may remain fine
with what they have, and more of their money will stay on their pocket.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.