Merry Christmas

Old December 25th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Pudentame

Default Merry Christmas

Mark² wrote:
minnesøtti wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Everyone, please have a Very Merry Christmas.

All the best for the New Year, especially Health, Peace and
Happiness.

Can you say something more meaningful than mentioning the birthday of
the man who died 20 centuries ago ??

Yes.
Enjoy your holiday pay in his honor, chump.

Not everyone gets paid holidays. Still, I intend to enjoy the day anyway.

I'm up, the coffee's brewing as I write and later I'm going out and poke
around with my camera before I hit the Chinese Buffet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtUYaSfC20Y

Someone else wrote "peace to all men of good will." It occurs to me that
we won't have peace until the men who are not "of good will" get on
board, so here's a hope of peace for them as well.

Whatever your reason for the season, I hope it finds you and yours well.
Old December 25th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Pudentame

Harry Stottle wrote:
"ASAAR" wrote in message
In the future it's a near certainty that nobody will ever wish
others to have a Very Merry Minneøttimas.

Merry Xmas, Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan Kareem, Happy Kwanzaa,
Cool Yule, Blessed Be and Happy Trails to You, until we meet again!

What about us Atheists?
Possibly the only sane group of any society, and we never get a mention.

In the US, there's Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial
Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and Veteran's Day ... all non-secular holidays.

And if you play your cards right, you get to pick and choose from all
the rest. Next year, why don't you tell your employer you want time off
to celebrate Columbus Day, Ramadan and Yom Kippur.
Old December 25th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Pudentame

Harry Stottle wrote:

This atheist worships no god, I just want the holidays.

Hey, it's a free country (or so they keep telling us), so take 'em ...
as many as you can get away with. ;-D
Old December 25th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Alan Browne

George Kerby wrote:

On 12/24/06 4:00 PM, in article ,
"Alan Browne" wrote:

Everyone, please have a Very Merry Christmas.

All the best for the New Year, especially Health, Peace and Happiness.

Alan

Likewise. Although we have had our differences. Merry Christmas, Alan!

Differences are what make the world go 'round.
Thanks!

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 25th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Alan Browne

minnesøtti wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Everyone, please have a Very Merry Christmas.

All the best for the New Year, especially Health, Peace and Happiness.

Can you say something more meaningful than mentioning the birthday of
the man who died 20 centuries ago ??

For me, and most Christians, fallen or otherwise, Christmas is mainly a
sentimental event, gathering of the family, exchanges of gifts,
feasting, etc.

I actually went to Christmas Eve Eucharist last night (over 25 years
since I did that), but that was for sentimental reasons, mainly in
memory of my mother who was fond of attending Christmas Eve Eucharist
though otherwise not a very dedicated Christian.

BTW: that was not even a very good troll attempt, so I wish your more
success in the New Year.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 25th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Alan Browne

Harry Stottle wrote:
"ASAAR" wrote in message

In the future it's a near certainty that nobody will ever wish
others to have a Very Merry Minneøttimas.

Merry Xmas, Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan Kareem, Happy Kwanzaa,
Cool Yule, Blessed Be and Happy Trails to You, until we meet again!

What about us Atheists?
Possibly the only sane group of any society, and we never get a mention.

"Merry Christmas" is a good wish to all, it is not "reserved" for believers.

Don't take it too seriously. Few do.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 25th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Jimmy

What about us Atheists?
Possibly the only sane group of any society, and we never get a mention.

Good Day!

Old December 25th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Alan Browne

Pudentame wrote:

Someone else wrote "peace to all men of good will." It occurs to me that
we won't have peace until the men who are not "of good will" get on
board, so here's a hope of peace for them as well.

Well said.
Old December 25th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Scott W

Alan Browne wrote:
Harry Stottle wrote:
"ASAAR" wrote in message

In the future it's a near certainty that nobody will ever wish
others to have a Very Merry Minneøttimas.

Merry Xmas, Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan Kareem, Happy Kwanzaa,
Cool Yule, Blessed Be and Happy Trails to You, until we meet again!

What about us Atheists?
Possibly the only sane group of any society, and we never get a mention.

"Merry Christmas" is a good wish to all, it is not "reserved" for believers.

Don't take it too seriously. Few do.

Speaking as an atheists it would be pretty sad is we could not say
Merry Christmas, IMO.

Scott

Old December 25th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Alan Browne

Harry Stottle wrote:
"ASAAR" wrote in message

In the future it's a near certainty that nobody will ever wish
others to have a Very Merry Minneøttimas.

Merry Xmas, Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan Kareem, Happy Kwanzaa,
Cool Yule, Blessed Be and Happy Trails to You, until we meet again!

What about us Atheists?
Possibly the only sane group of any society, and we never get a mention.

The LA times is talking all about you: http://tinyurl.com/vls3h

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.