Bracketing, damnit.

Old June 14th 04, 10:23 PM
Alan Browne

Default Bracketing, damnit.

Obviously the sun would be blown out. I measured incident, dome
down to camera and then closed 1/2 stop (in shutter speed). From
there I bracketet down in 2/3 stop (shutter speed) increments for
these 4 shots. (As scanned, reduced in size and USM'd, no changes
to levels or color).

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0005.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0006.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0008.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0009.jpg

I prefer 0005, even then the 'darker' leaves appeared more yellow
(transparent) in 'real' life.

28-70 f/2.8 at a widish FL; E100GX; f/11 around 1/125.

Cheers,
Alan.

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old June 14th 04, 10:58 PM
howard

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .

Obviously the sun would be blown out. I measured incident, dome
down to camera and then closed 1/2 stop (in shutter speed). From
there I bracketet down in 2/3 stop (shutter speed) increments for
these 4 shots. (As scanned, reduced in size and USM'd, no changes
to levels or color).

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0005.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0006.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0008.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0009.jpg

I prefer 0005, even then the 'darker' leaves appeared more yellow
(transparent) in 'real' life.

28-70 f/2.8 at a widish FL; E100GX; f/11 around 1/125.

Cheers,
Alan.

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Alan, I think these snaps would look far more interesting with this
rather nifty little attachment....

http://www.company7.com/daystar/products.html#Halpha

BTW, Cokin don't do them.

Old June 15th 04, 10:09 AM
Al Denelsbeck

Alan Browne wrote in
:

Obviously the sun would be blown out. I measured incident, dome
down to camera and then closed 1/2 stop (in shutter speed). From
there I bracketet down in 2/3 stop (shutter speed) increments for
these 4 shots. (As scanned, reduced in size and USM'd, no changes
to levels or color).

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0005.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0006.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0008.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/June04Mix0009.jpg

I prefer 0005, even then the 'darker' leaves appeared more yellow
(transparent) in 'real' life.

28-70 f/2.8 at a widish FL; E100GX; f/11 around 1/125.

0005 or 0009, I'm leaning towards 0009. The sunburst is the primary
subject of the image, the eye-catcher, and the deeper contrast of 0009
enhances this a bit more. But yes, the color of the leaves is better in
0005.

In 0009 the flare jumps out a bit more too, but buried in the leaves
as it is this is hardly a major bad point.

Bug in the sky in 0005?

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net