photoblogs

Old January 4th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
JC Dill

Default photoblogs

I'm looking to start a daily photoblog. Does anyone here do a
photoblog? I'm interested in considering both using a photo specific
site, using my own site, or a combination of the two, and I'd love to
see how others are doing this.

Thanks!

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA
Old January 4th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Skip

Here's ours...
http://shadowcatcherimagery.blogspot.com/

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old January 4th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

JC Dill wrote:
I'm looking to start a daily photoblog. Does anyone here do a
photoblog? I'm interested in considering both using a photo specific
site, using my own site, or a combination of the two, and I'd love to
see how others are doing this.

I started a photoblog a while ago. I haven't done much with it, but I'm
now using it to host my one-photo-every-day project.

After some research, I ended up using photobucket.com to host the
images. They provide 1GB of free space, and 10GB/month of free
bandwidth, which I thought was pretty good. I'm using wordpress.com for
the blog itself. I chose WordPress in part because they allow visitors
to post comments without asking them to log in first. I've been quite
pleased with their site; the tools they provide are easy to use and
quite powerful. They also allow you to edit the CSS used for your blog,
so you can take one of the themes they provide and modify it to your
liking.

Photobucket offers a download that integrates the site nicely with
Windows XP's "Publish to web" feature, so you can upload images to your
Photobucket albums directly from Windows Explorer. This is really
convenient.

Both Photobucket and WordPress are free services, with no visible
advertising. My WordPress blog has no ads at all; the PhotoBucket site
has a couple ads on it, but nobody needs to visit the site, since I'm
just using it to host the images used by the blog.

- Darryl

Old January 4th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Lew wrote:
How do I find your blog?

It's at http://dshpak.wordpress.com

I didn't include the link in my first message because, frankly, I
didn't think anybody would care, and most of the photos on there aren't
ones I'm particularly inclined to show off. But feel free to have a
look.

- Darryl

Old January 4th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, JC Dill exclaimed (04-Jan-07 1:45 PM):
I'm looking to start a daily photoblog. Does anyone here do a
photoblog? I'm interested in considering both using a photo specific
site, using my own site, or a combination of the two, and I'd love to
see how others are doing this.

Thanks!

jc

Not sure if this counts as a photoblog, but it's supposed to be closer
to one - I just never find time any more to add more comments before I
post. Some of the older pages do have enough comments to be considered a
photoblog, I think I also have a blog there, which was turning into a
photoblog, but blogger stopped letting me upload pictures there for some
reason...

http:// jodi [dot] ws

Look to Australia and the first Kings Canyon trip for something that's a
bit photobloggish - I'm not really sure of the definition, I've had this
site for nearly 10 years now so it predates any current terms

jmc