Amatuer Freelance photographers needed

Old October 7th 04, 03:53 AM
Dave

Default Amatuer Freelance photographers needed

Greetings,

We need amatuer photographs of almost every airport across the US for
an upcoming air travel website by the end of October! We are paying
$100 per photo that meets our guidelines. If you drive by the airport
on your way to work, stop off and snap a quick photo, and if you
capture the essence of that airport, you could earn a quick $100 cash.
Or if you have a long layover, you could turn that spare time into
some pocket change. Details describing exactly what we want, and
exactly which airports we need photos of can be found on our website
at http://www.silonmedia.com/airportphotos. We look forward to your
submissions!

Regards,
Silonmedia Web Team
Old October 7th 04, 05:14 AM
Robert Barr

Praise Allah!

Old October 7th 04, 05:16 AM
Bhup

Would this effect the security of airports - these photos could be used by
terrorists?

Old October 7th 04, 06:39 AM
Jer

Dave wrote:

Greetings,

We need amatuer photographs of almost every airport across the US for
an upcoming air travel website by the end of October! We are paying
$100 per photo that meets our guidelines. If you drive by the airport
on your way to work, stop off and snap a quick photo, and if you
capture the essence of that airport, you could earn a quick $100 cash.
Or if you have a long layover, you could turn that spare time into
some pocket change. Details describing exactly what we want, and
exactly which airports we need photos of can be found on our website
at http://www.silonmedia.com/airportphotos. We look forward to your
submissions!

Regards,
Silonmedia Web Team

Might I also caution anyone involved with photography in or around
airports - be certain you aren't within a restricted area. There's no
guarantees, but you may have some explaining to do.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Old October 7th 04, 07:50 AM
andre

Dave wrote:
Greetings,

We need amatuer photographs of almost every airport across the US for
an upcoming air travel website by the end of October! We are paying
$100 per photo that meets our guidelines. If you drive by the airport
on your way to work, stop off and snap a quick photo, and if you
capture the essence of that airport, you could earn a quick $100 cash.
Or if you have a long layover, you could turn that spare time into
some pocket change. Details describing exactly what we want, and
exactly which airports we need photos of can be found on our website
at http://www.silonmedia.com/airportphotos. We look forward to your
submissions!

Regards,
Silonmedia Web Team

Haha,
very funny when I read this article it seems i had the same thought as
anyone else.

Andre

--
----------------------------------
http://www.aguntherphotography.com
Old October 7th 04, 07:53 AM
Jeremy Nixon

Bhup wrote:

Would this effect the security of airports - these photos could be used by
terrorists?

Yeah, because they were secret airports until now.

--
Jeremy |
Old October 7th 04, 10:26 AM
Siddhartha Jain

Bhup wrote:
Would this effect the security of airports - these photos could be

used by
terrorists?

At Indian airports, you are allowed to take pics outside the airport
but not inside.
Expect, Bombay and Chennai photos from me soon

Cheers,

Siddhartha

Old October 7th 04, 10:40 AM
Journalist-North

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
Greetings,

We need amatuer photographs of almost every airport across the US for
an upcoming air travel website by the end of October! We are paying
$100 per photo that meets our guidelines. If you drive by the airport
on your way to work, stop off and snap a quick photo, and if you
capture the essence of that airport, you could earn a quick $100 cash.
Or if you have a long layover, you could turn that spare time into
some pocket change. Details describing exactly what we want, and
exactly which airports we need photos of can be found on our website
at http://www.silonmedia.com/airportphotos. We look forward to your
submissions!

Regards,
Silonmedia Web Team

-----------

Are you offering pre-paid legal insurance to get these people out of jail
too? How about indemnity insurance to cover seized, confiscated or broken
equipment? Didn't think so.

Oh, and you want ALL rights too?
"...If we do select your photo, we will send you a check for $100 and
Silonmedia retains all rights to the photo...."

This somehow screams the word S C A M ! ! ! of some sort. Especially,
as a few phone calls can get free PD images from the PR/press department of
virtually every airport in the world.

****ing idiots.

Journalist

Old October 7th 04, 10:52 AM
Journalist-North

"Siddhartha Jain" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bhup wrote:
Would this effect the security of airports - these photos could be

used by
terrorists?

At Indian airports, you are allowed to take pics outside the airport
but not inside.
Expect, Bombay and Chennai photos from me soon

Cheers,

Siddhartha

Don't waste your time and money they seem to be looking only for US
[American] airports.

Journalist