At the airshow

Old May 29th 16, 09:17 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default At the airshow

I could not identify some of these planes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_3014.jpg

B17
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_2987.jpg

this has been done millions of times, but it's the first time for me.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3342.jpg

What is this plane?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3323.jpg

And The Duck should know this one.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3337.jpg
--
PeterN
Old May 29th 16, 09:28 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-05-29 20:17:13 +0000, PeterN said:

I could not identify some of these planes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_3014.jpg

A C-47 'SkyTrain/Dakota' flanked by two AT-6 'Texans'.

B17
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_2987.jpg

Yup!

this has been done millions of times, but it's the first time for me.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3342.jpg

What is this plane?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3323.jpg

F-105 'Thunderchief'

And The Duck should know this one.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3337.jpg

Tough to ID from that shot, but I would hazard a guess at a F-86.

Savageduck

Old May 29th 16, 09:37 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2016-05-29 16:17, PeterN wrote:
I could not identify some of these planes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_3014.jpg

C-47 (DC-3) in the middle).

Texans (AT-6) to the sides, (I think).

B17
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_2987.jpg

this has been done millions of times, but it's the first time for me.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3342.jpg

What is this plane?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3323.jpg

F-105 (Thunderchief, "Thud")

And The Duck should know this one.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3337.jpg

No idea - not enough detail.

--
She hummed to herself because she was an unrivaled botcher of lyrics.
-Nick (Gone Girl), Gillian Flynn.
Old May 29th 16, 09:52 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-05-29 20:37:21 +0000, Alan Browne

On 2016-05-29 16:17, PeterN wrote:
I could not identify some of these planes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_3014.jpg

C-47 (DC-3) in the middle).

Yup!

Texans (AT-6) to the sides, (I think).

....and yup!

B17
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_2987.jpg

this has been done millions of times, but it's the first time for me.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3342.jpg

What is this plane?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3323.jpg

F-105 (Thunderchief, "Thud")

Once again, you are correct sir!

And The Duck should know this one.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3337.jpg

No idea - not enough detail.

I suspect that it is an F-86 'Sabre'.
The chewed up panel doesn't help with the ID, but the stick is all
F-86, and the ejector seat headrest cushion is very much an F-86A type.

Savageduck

Old May 29th 16, 10:03 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-05-29 20:17:13 +0000, PeterN said:

I could not identify some of these planes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20160529_Air%20show_3014.jpg

A C-47 'SkyTrain/Dakota' flanked by two AT-6 'Texans'.

That was intended to be a missing man formation, honoring Bill Gordon,
who died when his P47 crashed into the Hudson River last Friday.

Old May 29th 16, 10:04 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Old May 29th 16, 10:19 PM posted to alt.photography, rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 29, 2016, Alan Browne wrote
(in ):

On 2016-05-29 20:37:21 +0000, Alan Browne

On 2016-05-29 16:17, PeterN wrote:
I could not identify some of these planes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0show_3014.jpg
C-47 (DC-3) in the middle).

Yup!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0show_2987.jpg

this has been done millions of times, but it's the first time for me.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3342.jpg

What is this plane?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3323.jpg
F-105 (Thunderchief, "Thud")

Once again, you are correct sir!

And The Duck should know this one.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC3337.jpg

No idea - not enough detail.

I suspect that it is an F-86 'Sabre'.
The chewed up panel doesn't help with the ID, but the stick is all F-86,
and the ejector seat headrest cushion is very much an F-86A type.

Panel is wrong.

The panel is a mess, and there was little consistency among F-86 panels, from
the North American originals to all the variants through to F-86F, add in the
Canadair variant (Mk 1-Mk 6) panels, and the custom panels for the Australian
(CA-27), South African, Japanese, and other Airforces. Then there are the
modernized panel found in airworthy ‘Sabres’.

Savageduck

Old May 29th 16, 10:34 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 29 May 2016 17:04:02 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2016-05-29 20:37:21 +0000, Alan Browne
said:

On 2016-05-29 16:17, PeterN wrote:
[...]

After a cursory Google search, I have to say I agree with you.

Eric Stevens
Old May 29th 16, 10:51 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Old May 29th 16, 10:52 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2016-05-29 17:19, Savageduck wrote:
On May 29, 2016, Alan Browne wrote

Panel is wrong.

The panel is a mess, and there was little consistency among F-86 panels, from
the North American originals to all the variants through to F-86F, add in the
Canadair variant (Mk 1-Mk 6) panels, and the custom panels for the Australian
(CA-27), South African, Japanese, and other Airforces. Then there are the
modernized panel found in airworthy ‘Sabres’.

Granted - but it still doesn't look right. From the rail endings, to
the height of the panel, esp. the top of the windshield post that does
not taper forward on -86's as in the photo here.

See: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml0o6y3w1akg8db/PN1.jpg
where the front top of the windshield mount is rounded going forward, v.
all photos of the -86 where that part forms a sharp angle:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x050jqd1kq28z8m/F-86.jpg

Also, if that is the wing outside the cockpit, then it is definitely not
an F-86 (or F-80 AFAICT).