Epson Stylus Photo 750 - Color Calibration

Old September 22nd 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
BRH

Default Epson Stylus Photo 750 - Color Calibration

Can anyone provide me with a link to download the ICC Profile (if one
exists) for the Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer?

I know it's a long-discontinued model, but I'm hoping that an ICC
profile exists for it, so that I can calibrate my monitor to match my
prints. I have not been able to find an ICC profile for this printer at
Epson's site.

I'm running Windows XP SP2, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
Old September 25th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomm42

On Sep 21, 9:52 pm, BRH BRH wrote:
Can anyone provide me with a link to download the ICC Profile (if one
exists) for the Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer?

I know it's a long-discontinued model, but I'm hoping that an ICC
profile exists for it, so that I can calibrate my monitor to match my
prints. I have not been able to find an ICC profile for this printer at
Epson's site.

I'm running Windows XP SP2, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the Epson 750 is a very old printer, one of the first
inkjets to print good photos. Today almost all the photo inkjet have
at least several profiles enclosed with the printer, not the case when
the 750 was produced. Also Epson has a bad habit of renaming papers,
there is probably not the same paers out anyway as paper design has
also gotten much better. Best thing to do is to have a profile made,
the following places do this for a reasonable ammount or $:
www.cathysprofiles.com
www.booksmartstudio.com

Tom

Old September 26th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell

On Sep 21, 9:52 pm, BRH BRH wrote:
Can anyone provide me with a link to download the ICC Profile (if one
exists) for the Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer?

I know it's a long-discontinued model, but I'm hoping that an ICC
profile exists for it, so that I can calibrate my monitor to match my
prints. I have not been able to find an ICC profile for this printer at
Epson's site.

I'm running Windows XP SP2, if that makes any difference.

That printer uses the same jets and inks as that famous workhorse, the 1200.
Try these from Ian Lyons for the 750 and 1200.
discussion: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/eps.../ps6_print.htm
download: http://homepage.mac.com/ilyons/icc-p...SP1200_750.zip

Having a good quality profile done is possible. A custom profile will cost
significantly more than a brand new printer.

--
Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com

Old September 26th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomm42

On Sep 25, 9:24 am, tomm42 wrote:
On Sep 21, 9:52 pm, BRH BRH wrote:

[...]

Both the reference I gave do quality profiles for under $50, Booksmart
will do a 700 or so patched target for $25, a 1600 or so patch target
for $40, Cathy charges $35 for a profile. I have used Booksmart's and
have heard good things about Cathy's Profiles. Some vendors charge
well over $100 for a profile.

Tom

Old September 26th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Tuthill

Mike Russell -move wrote:
On Sep 21, 9:52 pm, BRH BRH wrote:
Can anyone provide me with a link to download the ICC Profile (if one
exists) for the Epson Stylus Photo 750 printer?

That printer uses the same jets and inks as that famous workhorse, the 1200.
Try these from Ian Lyons for the 750 and 1200.
discussion: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/eps.../ps6_print.htm
download: http://homepage.mac.com/ilyons/icc-p...SP1200_750.zip

Good advice by Mike.

We used to have an Epson 750 (hated it!) and I noticed
that its color balance changed according to humidity (especially),
age of paper, and amount of ink(s) left in the cartridge.

In other words, you might be wasting your time.