Cheap camera for Ebay auctions?

Old March 3rd 05, 11:54 PM
Darius

Default Cheap camera for Ebay auctions?

I'm looking for a digital camera to take pictures of items for Ebay
auctions. That is the only purpose I have for the camera, so I'm
looking for recommendations.
Basically, I don't really care much about image quality (these aren't
high-dollar items I'm selling), so long as I can at least tell what
the object being photograhped is without it being TOO blury. The only
other thing to note is that my apartment is too brightly lit, so
lighting conditions are a little less than ideal.
If there's no digital cam in this price range that would do the trick,
then perhaps a web cam?
Old March 4th 05, 10:11 AM
Robert Klemme

"Darius" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm looking for a digital camera to take pictures of items for Ebay
auctions. That is the only purpose I have for the camera, so I'm
looking for recommendations.
Basically, I don't really care much about image quality (these aren't
high-dollar items I'm selling), so long as I can at least tell what
the object being photograhped is without it being TOO blury. The only
other thing to note is that my apartment is too brightly lit, so
lighting conditions are a little less than ideal.

So basically anything with 1-2MP, AF assist lamp and a flash will do.

If there's no digital cam in this price range that would do the trick,
then perhaps a web cam?

Which price range? Maybe you find something appropriate at eBay... :-)

Kind regards

robert

Old March 5th 05, 04:52 PM
Brigitte

"Darius" wrote in message
I'm looking for a digital camera to take pictures of items for Ebay
auctions. That is the only purpose I have for the camera, so I'm
looking for recommendations.
Basically, I don't really care much about image quality (these aren't
high-dollar items I'm selling), so long as I can at least tell what
the object being photograhped is without it being TOO blury. The only
other thing to note is that my apartment is too brightly lit, so
lighting conditions are a little less than ideal.
If there's no digital cam in this price range that would do the trick,
then perhaps a web cam?

My first camera for ebay was an HP C200. It was perfect for this
application. You can get one for $15-$20 bucks on ebay.

HTH,
Brigitte

Old March 20th 05, 10:50 PM
Dr. Joel M. Hoffman

I'm looking for a digital camera to take pictures of items for Ebay
auctions. That is the only purpose I have for the camera, so I'm
looking for recommendations.

Almost any digicam will do. These pictures are going on the web,
right? You might even be able to get by with the digicam in a phone
or some such.

As for the lighting, you'll do much better buying a $10 lamp than
using the built-in flash.

If you don't want to take a chance on used equipment, I'd go into a
photo store, and see if they have an old model they'd like to get rid
of.

Don't spend more than $100.

-Joel