[SI] A call for a vote

Old August 15th 04, 04:42 PM
Al Denelsbeck

Default [SI] A call for a vote

It has been remarked recently that the Shoot-In is closing in on its
first year anniversary. As a matter of fact, it is going to fall
surprisingly close to the end of the Round Two mandates. Don't you like it
when things work out that way?

It seems to me that letting this event go past unrecognized would be
a terrible crime, one that we would all suffer for immensely. But of
course, how to recognize it?

Right at the moment, it seems like a special mandate would be in
order, and naturally this should fall as close to the anniversary as it
can, right? Which means inserting it in between Round Two and Round Three,
for which I am currently gathering names.

But I think it should be put up for a vote, and right now, all I'm
looking for is yeas and nays regarding celebrating it with a gap in the
lists (which means putting off the Round Three list by a mandate period,
two weeks). Since I have to assign dates to this list soon, having an
answer on what date to start with is fairly important ;-).

After that, since we'll have several weeks, we can hash out *what* to
do for this.

So please, in order to track this easily, let's just keep it simple
right now, and offer your vote for or against a "Birthday" mandate to be
announced September 24th. If you want to make a suggestion as to how,
that's fine, but I think discussing or debating it in the thread might
muddy it up.

And I'll start off:

"Yes", we should have a special mandate that falls on September 24th.
Maybe another Wild Card, or a Best Photo You've Taken All Year, or a Did It
Right This Time (Submitted Photo Revisited).

[All of these have been suggestions so far, and feel free to add to
them. But cast your vote!]

And to all - the Shoot-In has been a product of *everyone's*
participation, and would not exist without all of us. So thanks to
everyone! It seems to be providing plenty of entertainment, even to those
that profess not to like it, and it doesn't even wake the neighbors - how
can you beat that? Raise a glass to yourselves and to everyone else, and
here's to keeping it fun while it lasts.

Cheers!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old August 15th 04, 05:08 PM
Alan Browne

Al Denelsbeck wrote:

"Yes", we should have a special mandate that falls on September 24th.
Maybe another Wild Card, or a Best Photo You've Taken All Year, or a Did It
Right This Time (Submitted Photo Revisited).

Yes

Old August 15th 04, 05:40 PM
Mojtaba

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:42:58 GMT, Al Denelsbeck
wrote:

"Yes", we should have a special mandate that falls on September 24th.
Maybe another Wild Card, or a Best Photo You've Taken All Year, or a Did It
Right This Time (Submitted Photo Revisited).

Yes.

Mojtaba Talaian
Old August 15th 04, 05:43 PM
Dallas

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:42:58 +0000, Al Denelsbeck wrote:

Aye.
--
Dallas
Group guidelines on http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
Old August 15th 04, 05:55 PM
Doug Payne

Al Denelsbeck wrote:

So please, in order to track this easily, let's just keep it simple
right now, and offer your vote for or against a "Birthday" mandate to be
announced September 24th. If you want to make a suggestion as to how,
that's fine, but I think discussing or debating it in the thread might
muddy it up.

Yes, with the caveat that I'll be away in the bush for a few weeks during that
announcement. I guess I could always whine and snivel to get it sent to me
privately ahead of time, and then whine and snivel some more if I had to send
it in late :-)

Old August 15th 04, 06:42 PM
Richard Cockburn

Doug Payne wrote in
:

Al Denelsbeck wrote:

So please, in order to track this easily, let's just keep it simple
right now, and offer your vote for or against a "Birthday" mandate to
be announced September 24th. If you want to make a suggestion as to
how, that's fine, but I think discussing or debating it in the thread
might muddy it up.

Yes, with the caveat that I'll be away in the bush for a few weeks
during that announcement. I guess I could always whine and snivel to
get it sent to me privately ahead of time, and then whine and snivel
some more if I had to send it in late :-)

Yes.

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old August 15th 04, 07:00 PM
Martin Francis

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
. 6...
So please, in order to track this easily, let's just keep it simple
right now, and offer your vote for or against a "Birthday" mandate to be
announced September 24th. If you want to make a suggestion as to how,
that's fine, but I think discussing or debating it in the thread might
muddy it up.

Hey, that's the day after my birthday!

no, and yes...."

Old August 15th 04, 08:24 PM
Al Denelsbeck

"Martin Francis" wrote in
:

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
. 6...
So please, in order to track this easily, let's just keep it simple
right now, and offer your vote for or against a "Birthday" mandate to be
announced September 24th. If you want to make a suggestion as to how,
that's fine, but I think discussing or debating it in the thread might
muddy it up.

Hey, that's the day after my birthday!

Yeah, I seem to remember something about this from last year ;-)

But, do you wanna vote? We could always make the mandate, "Martin's
Birthday"...

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old August 15th 04, 08:29 PM
Al Denelsbeck

Doug Payne wrote in
:

Al Denelsbeck wrote:

So please, in order to track this easily, let's just keep it simple
right now, and offer your vote for or against a "Birthday" mandate to
be announced September 24th. If you want to make a suggestion as to
how, that's fine, but I think discussing or debating it in the thread
might muddy it up.

Yes, with the caveat that I'll be away in the bush for a few weeks
during that announcement. I guess I could always whine and snivel to
get it sent to me privately ahead of time, and then whine and snivel
some more if I had to send it in late :-)

Okay, just for you, we'll set a special mandate. But you can only do
it during the mandate period, while you're away in the bush (where, by the
way?).

Let's see, picking one at random from my "Ansel Adams Book of Ideas:
What to Photograph When You're Sick & Tired of Rocks"... and the winner is:
"City Life!"

Have fun!

;-)

(Since I expect we'll be voting on a mandate, you'll probably get to
know what it is well ahead of time).

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net