Revived old stroboframe ...

Old March 6th 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Revived old stroboframe ...

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 6th 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

On 3/6/2010 11:34 AM Alan Browne spake thus:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

How 'bout if you get one of those steadi-cam shoulder/body harness
thingies, maybe with some weights for ballast? Could be fun.

- a Usenet "apology"
Old March 6th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Alan Browne wrote:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

Shouldn't it be reversed?
I guess that would need a silver umbrella then...
Old March 6th 10, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 10-03-06 14:55 , Paul Furman wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

Shouldn't it be reversed?
I guess that would need a silver umbrella then...

A good point - I do have some silvered ones - and smaller too so my head
should clear and that would also alleviate the possible flare issue with
the rig as shown.

I'll give it a go.

But really, it's way too unwieldy. I just had all these parts to fool
around with and ...

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 6th 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Peter[_7_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Alan Browne wrote:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

Shouldn't it be reversed?
I guess that would need a silver umbrella then...

Obviously, the umbrella protects his camera from thrown drinks. G

--
Peter

Old March 6th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Anon

Alan Browne wrote:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

Shouldn't it be reversed?
I guess that would need a silver umbrella then...

I like shoot-thru umbrellas better than silver lined ones, softer light.
Next we'll see Alan mount a Starfish on it!

Old March 6th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Alan Browne wrote:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

Shouldn't it be reversed?
I guess that would need a silver umbrella then...

Okay, when you're right you're right. This has better balance too...

Stroborella - II

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772560-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772561-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772562-lg.jpg

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 6th 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 10-03-06 15:13 , Anon wrote:
"Paul wrote in message
Alan Browne wrote:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

Shouldn't it be reversed?
I guess that would need a silver umbrella then...

I like shoot-thru umbrellas better than silver lined ones, softer light.
Next we'll see Alan mount a Starfish on it!

I agree with the shoot thru, but ... see my other reply to Paul where I
reversed it with silver. (I might have a small white plastic inside
umbrella around here somewhere... oh, no, just remembered - sold them
with my old monolights...).

No flare and much better balance with the reversed setup...

(Still a fricken heavy rig...)

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 6th 10, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Alan Browne wrote:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

Shouldn't it be reversed?
I guess that would need a silver umbrella then...

Obviously, the umbrella protects his camera from thrown drinks. G

Considering the party I'm going to next week that may be another benefit...

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 6th 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

On 10-03-06 15:13 , Anon wrote:
"Paul wrote in message
Alan Browne wrote:

Goofing around with odds and ends that have gathered over time...

I give you .... STROBOBRELLA!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772396-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772395-lg.jpg

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10772394-lg.jpg

I have a party coming up to try this rig on ... I might last 10 minutes
before the weight kills me...

Shouldn't it be reversed?
I guess that would need a silver umbrella then...

I like shoot-thru umbrellas better than silver lined ones, softer light.
Next we'll see Alan mount a Starfish on it!

Took me a while to find the starfish (
http://www.larson-ent.com/detail43__...L_STARFISH.htm ).

That could solve the flare problem, but I think the silver reflector v.
does the job...

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.