What camera does this Polaroid back fit?

Old February 7th 04, 09:26 PM
Mr. Bill

Default What camera does this Polaroid back fit?

This Polaroid back takes the Type 107/108 (or the newer 690, 665, 667,
672, 664 & 679) 3.25" x 4.25" pack film. It will make a 2.25" x 3.3125"
(58mm x 85mm) image on the film.

My guess is that it will fit some sort of medium format camera like a
Mamiya Press 23 or a Polaroid 600SE, but I don't recognize the fitting.
I don't think it fits an RB-67 or RZ-67, but I'm not 100% sure. Might
it fit a Fuji 680 or Bronica GS-1? There is a small possibility it fits
a special purpose camera like an oscilloscope camera.

Overview:
http://webpages.charter.net/wbgilloolyjr/PolBack1.jpg

Close-Up of camera attachment:
http://webpages.charter.net/wbgilloolyjr/PolBack2.jpg

So, if you recognize it, can you let me know what it fits?

Thank you,

Bill Gillooly

Old February 8th 04, 10:18 AM
Lassi Hippeläinen

"Mr. Bill" wrote:

This Polaroid back takes the Type 107/108 (or the newer 690, 665, 667,
672, 664 & 679) 3.25" x 4.25" pack film. It will make a 2.25" x 3.3125"
(58mm x 85mm) image on the film.

The typical size of a 6x9 camera.

My guess is that it will fit some sort of medium format camera like a
Mamiya Press 23 or a Polaroid 600SE, but I don't recognize the fitting.

Seems pretty likely. Unless there is a view camera out there (e.g.
Horseman or Linhof) that takes it.

I don't think it fits an RB-67 or RZ-67, but I'm not 100% sure. Might
it fit a Fuji 680 or Bronica GS-1? There is a small possibility it fits
a special purpose camera like an oscilloscope camera.

The film gate is too big for anything less than 6x9. And most
oscilloscopes have almost square screens...

-- Lassi

Old February 8th 04, 01:16 PM
Bob Salomon

In article ,
Lassi Hippelainen wrote:

Linhof) that takes it.

Nope. Linhof 23 Technikas and TK cameras use a Polaroid back with a ring
on the front that clamps into the groove on the camera.

However all Poaroid backs for a given film size are the same. What
changes is the plate on the front surface. That is the part that mounts
it to the specific mf camera. The only real exception to this is the
internally modified backs supplie by Hasselblad, for example, that have
a glass plate to adjust the focus plane, Rollei also had a couple of
these for the 6xxx which were never produced commercially.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.