Be careful about photographing your kids!

Old October 17th 03, 07:22 AM
Mxsmanic

Default Be careful about photographing your kids!

Alan Browne writes:

Did it occur to you that somebody might forward your post to the city
and to the state DMV?

So what if someone does? They have better things to do.

Old October 17th 03, 07:31 AM
William Graham

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Lionel writes:

Doesn't anyone in the USA /care/ that their 'freedoms' are being
taken away from them?

The majority of Americans have never lived without freedoms, and don't
realize that they can be lost and never regained. That's why they are
willing to throw them away in exchange for a promise of illusory
security.

Most democracies follow this path eventually, ultimately voting
themselves out of existence and returning to dictatorship.

Yes....This is why I keep trying to educate my fellow citizens....and
try....and try.........

Old October 17th 03, 07:33 AM
William Graham

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Alan Browne writes:

Did it occur to you that somebody might forward your post to the city
and to the state DMV?

So what if someone does? They have better things to do.

Or at least, far easier things to prosecute.......

Old October 17th 03, 07:47 AM
William Graham

"Alan Browne" "Alan wrote in message

Ron Hunter wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

I've read claims of the likelyhood that 40% of kiddie-porn users
eventually 'have to have the real thing'.

Nope, it says 40% of those CHARGED also abuse children. VAST difference
there.

You are correct (literally), I was sloppy. So what? Anyone who commits
the crime has the potential to be charged with it. Likely the same
proportion for their other behaviours.

It's the other 60% that I worry about....If they haven't committed any
crime, then why take away their rights to view whatever they please? And,
when you do take away their rights, you lose your own rights too....Someday,
someone who doesn't like what YOU view, will take away YOUR rights to view
it......When that day comes, your voice will be lost in the noise.......

Old October 17th 03, 09:24 AM
Ron Hunter

Lionel wrote:
Word has it that on Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:35:46 -0500, in this august
forum, Ron Hunter said:

Lionel wrote:

Word has it that on Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:25:18 -0500, in this august
forum, Ron Hunter said:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Why over 14? Do you really want 12-year-old murderers going free?

No, but we have to determine where it becomes a crime of profit. It is
rather unusual for someone under 14 to kill someone for gain.

*boggle*

You think it's okay to execute someone for murdering someone during a
robbery, but not to execute someone for committing a rape/murder (for
example)?

Rape IS a profit, for the rapist. It serves some need, sexual, or
otherwise that he can't get served in any other way.

You could apply that exact logic to any kind of murder. What, exactly,
is considered a 'crime of profit'?

When the person realizes some advantage, or benefit, from the crime.
There are some murders where there IS no motive, just a whim, or
impulse. No planning, no expectation of gain.

Old October 17th 03, 09:27 AM
Ron Hunter

Lionel wrote:

Word has it that on Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:25:58 -0500, in this august
forum, Ron Hunter said:

Well, you haven't kept up. Underwear ads showing someone under age 18
are illegal in the US. Sad, isn't it?

This is a joke, right? You can't possibly be serious, can you?

I am absolutely serious. NO underwear or lingerie models under 18 in US
publications, advertsing, etc.

You guys clearly have some real sickos in your government.
Hell, so much for the "Land of the Free" & "Freedom of Speech". Doesn't
anyone in the USA /care/ that their 'freedoms' are being taken away from
them?

Yes, but if one tries to speak out on certain things like this, where
hysteria reigns supreme, the results aren't exactly pleasant.
The hysteria will pass, and we will move back nearer a rational center
in time.

Old October 17th 03, 09:40 AM
Ron Hunter

Alan Browne wrote:

Ron Hunter wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

I've read claims of the likelyhood that 40% of kiddie-porn users
eventually 'have to have the real thing'.

Nope, it says 40% of those CHARGED also abuse children. VAST
difference there.

You are correct (literally), I was sloppy. So what? Anyone who commits
the crime has the potential to be charged with it. Likely the same
proportion for their other behaviours.

When calculating percentages, it is necessary to have accurate numbers
on both sides of the equation.
The VAST majority of those who look at KP don't ever become noticed by
the police, presumably because they don't actually abuse children. SOME
people just don't have any reasonable access to children, and others are
afraid of the consequences. One should not assume that people with
various sexual 'kinks' are always either stupid, or lack impulse
control. I REALLY appreciate some nice paintings, but I wouldn't try to
steal one of them.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/we...oct2003-26.htm

The 'virtual reality edition' of such kiddie-porn will not prevent
that. So while allowing it might respect the free speech parts of
various countries constitutions', it would remain morally
reprehensible to allow it, and likely dangerous for children, whether
the number is 40% or 4%.

Are you saying that if they couldn't get the vicarious experience they
wouldn't be likely to want the real thing? Somehow I am not as
convinced of that as You are. Seems to me that if they can't get the
experience via pictures, they will be MORE likely to go for the reality.

That might indeed be true. A form of firebreak. However, in light of
the correlation made by the police (above) it seems that it would not be
effective enough.

Tell me that is "irrelevant".

If the constitution of any country places free speech of that nature
above the well being of children, then there lies a constituion worth
spitting on.

A recent case in Canada involved a fellow (John Sharpe) who reduced
his pedophile fanatasies to 'written stories' and while found guilty
on possession of images, he was acquitted on the stories he wrote as
the had 'artistic merit'. This is the kind of horse****
interpretation courts are forced to make in the defence of free speech.

Other legitimate writers include scenes of child abuse in their
stories as part of the character and plot development. This is valid
to protect legitimate writers...but leaves wiggle room for the perverts.

I see, you are in FAVOR of thought control. If one just THINKS about
doing something wrong, slap him in prison. If you think about killing
someone, hang you high! I don't think any of use would last long in
that kind of a society.

I don't see how you equate what I wrote above as advocacy for thought
control. I do put the protection and well being of children above the
free speech of child molesters. The fellow above was not found guilty of
anything related to his writings, he was found guilty of posession of k-p.

If THOUGHT = "Run software that generates k-p for the perverted masses"
then I guess the answer is yes, ban it, make it illegal.

http://www.cbc.ca/artsCanada/stories...ticmerit091003

Old October 17th 03, 03:38 PM
Alan Browne

EZ Tags sounds like something I would embrace and not try to cheat....A long
time ago I suggested something like this for the SF-Oakland Bay bridge toll
booths. I suggested a bar-code sticker on the drivers side door that could
be read by a laser scanner and you would be billed by mail every month or
two for what you owed in tolls....This way, you wouldn't need to stop and
they wouldn't need all those toll takers and the traffic flow would be a lot
smoother. You would slide through just like a box of Wheaties slides through
the scanner at a supermarket.......

Some tolls in Europe have had electronic tags for over 10 years... in
the end though, all things traffic, if you remove one bottle neck, you
just create another further down the road....

Old October 17th 03, 10:47 PM
Randy

Hey guys this is a Photo technique group...Please behave accordingly

--
"If Bush could make $10.00 selling roasted
hillbilly shish kabob, your ass would be on a stick."

Old October 18th 03, 03:24 AM
Flame

Default Be careful about photographing your kids! Ron Jeremy says.

do them young and willing
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jeremy writes:

You replaced the words "KIDDIE PORN" with the word "HOMOSEXUALITY," in a
deliberate attempt to troll these newsgroups.

In a deliberate attempt to show a significant parallel that you seem to
have missed, I think.

Adios, troll, and I urge others to block him as well.

Others can decide for themselves. And you'll still be reading his
messages, anyway.