Rb 67 Pro S question/problem.

Old May 3rd 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ric Trexell

Default Rb 67 Pro S question/problem.

I have developed a weird problem with my Mamiya RB67 Pro S. When I got this
camera by winning an ebay auction, (ok hold down the lol's) the interlocks
didn't work. This sort of helped me to learn how it worked because I guess
one of the interlocks prevents you from taking pictures without film in the
camera. So I could see how it was suppose to work better. I got around
taking double exposures by making sure to wind the film first and then cock
the shutter. Well, anyway, this Easter I was taking two rolls of film and
after I loaded the second roll, when I went to take a vertical shot the
shutter button would not go all the way in. That little pin that hits the
multi-exposure block would prevent it. However, when I take horizontal
(landscape) ones there is no problem. I can still take verticals (portrait)
but I have to put the M.E. button on M.E. and then remember to put it back
before I wind the film. I guess I will need to send it in, but I was
wondering if I bent something while installing a new film, or what? The
other thing I noticed once, and I'm not 100% sure of this is that once while
playing around with it today, I couldn't get it to go back to the horizontal
position until I moved the ME button. Maybe it just stuck or something as I
can't see where that would matter. Have you ever heard of this? This
happens with and without film in the camera. The manual doesn't say
anything about this that I can find. Ric-Stumped in Wisconsin.

Old May 5th 09, 12:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David J. Littleboy

"Ric Trexell" wrote:
I have developed a weird problem with my Mamiya RB67 Pro S.

I'd recommend calling KEH and ask them how much they'd charge you for a CLA.
I don't know if they'd even do it, but they should be able to if they wanted
to provide such a service.

And if all else fails:
http://www.mamiya.com/customer-servi...ct-mamiya.html

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old May 5th 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ric Trexell

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message
net...
I have developed a weird problem with my Mamiya RB67 Pro S. When I got

this
camera by winning an ebay auction, (ok hold down the lol's) the interlocks
didn't work

Thank you. I think a CLA is probably in order. If I can get it serviced
for close to $100 it is well worth it. Ric.

Old May 12th 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Hans Koana

Ric Trexell schrieb:
[...]

relax, your camera isn't broken at all. perhaps she is a little bit
older, so you have got to occupy yourself with her, to clean it, to look
after and then you will be very satisfied.

it is not the multiexposure button.

I had exactly the same problem. I solved it by cleaning the revolving
adapter. yes, the revolving adapter between camera an back.

There are two little security pins that you have to push to unmount the
filmback from your revolving adapter without this darkslide that
protects your film against exposure. try it one time, then you will
recognize then.

if you can not expose in a certain position, it is probably because the
specific security pin for this position is not fully outside its hole.
then it will prevent exposing - its in fact a security feature to
disallow taking photographs without mounting the filmback exactly or
without removing the darkslide out of its position.

this was the situation with my camera in winter in the alps at -15°c ...
there was an ugly cold old-dust-mug in the revolving adapter. i
disassembled it and then i cleaned it. after cleaning you have to add
some graphite to make revolving smooth again. then you have con to
reassemble it. so be careful an make a sketch of each position of each
part.

do not by the new revolving adapter of the "pro sd" beacause this one
doesn't fit at the "pro s". you could buy some old revolving backs for
exercise ...

wondering if I bent something while installing a new film, or what? The
other thing I noticed once, and I'm not 100% sure of this is that once while
playing around with it today, I couldn't get it to go back to the horizontal
position until I moved the ME button. Maybe it just stuck or something as I
can't see where that would matter. Have you ever heard of this? This
happens with and without film in the camera.

Why should it be the film when it is the revolving adapter?

You also should remove the light seals of your filmback and add some new
ones.

Greetings

Hans