How to take photos of killer bees???

Old October 22nd 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,abg.mampf
Victor Smootbank

Default How to take photos of killer bees???

I want to take photos of killer bees in action, I want
to take photos while they are eating people.

How can I do that???

Old October 22nd 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,abg.mampf
dadiOH

Victor Smootbank wrote:
I want to take photos of killer bees in action, I want
to take photos while they are eating people.

How can I do that???

1. Build screenwire cage 6'x6'x6'
2. Put camera with WA lens on tripod in one corner
3. Capture many bees
4. Put bees in cage
5. Go in cage
6. Activate self timer on camera

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Old October 22nd 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Chris Savage

On 2007-10-22, dadiOH wrote:
Victor Smootbank wrote:
I want to take photos of killer bees in action, I want
to take photos while they are eating people.

How can I do that???

1. Build screenwire cage 6'x6'x6'
2. Put camera with WA lens on tripod in one corner
3. Capture many bees
4. Put bees in cage
5. Go in cage
6. Activate self timer on camera

Much more efficient just to find the hive, set up the camera pointing at
it and stick your arm in.

If you could set up a webcam as well, that would be spiffy.

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?
Old October 27th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,abg.mampf
Rob Bradford

The answer is, very carefully! These bees don't eat people they sting them
to death by swarming.

Approach slowly if you must, I wouldn't though if I were you. When the
guard bees fly at you back off!!

That's was what I was told to do if I encountered them.

Rob.

ups.com...

Old October 28th 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,abg.mampf
Rob Bradford

Oh yea forgot an important point.

Don't let even one sting you! The sting kills the bee but releases a
sent/pheramone that triggers the sarm attack.

If you try this I won't be at your funeral!

Old October 28th 07, 11:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,abg.mampf
Q.G. de Bakker

Rob Bradford wrote:

Oh yea forgot an important point.

Don't let even one sting you! The sting kills the bee but releases a
sent/pheramone that triggers the sarm attack.

Rob,

You haven't noticed yet that that is the behaviour the OP is looking for?

So hit the hive with a stick, jump on them. Let them sting!
And don't forget to take the good advice given about how to capture the
event on film.

Old October 28th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,abg.mampf
chasfs

http://www.popphoto.com/lighting/134...00-strobe.html