Hi-MD for storage?

Old January 1st 05, 03:32 PM
leo

Default Hi-MD for storage?

I am getting the Sony NHF-800 Hi-MD recorder. Not only it can do live
audio recording, the spec indicates the 1GB cartridge ($7 ea) can be
used as a storage purposes. The files can be easily transfered using a
computer but I am wondering if there are add-on devices that can allow
transfers from memory card to the Hi-MD disc.
Old January 2nd 05, 12:49 AM
Gary Eickmeier

leo wrote:

I am getting the Sony NHF-800 Hi-MD recorder. Not only it can do live
audio recording, the spec indicates the 1GB cartridge ($7 ea) can be
used as a storage purposes. The files can be easily transfered using a
computer but I am wondering if there are add-on devices that can allow
transfers from memory card to the Hi-MD disc.

I would take a gander into the rec.audio.minidisc group before leaping.
Minidiscs have some awful limitations, imposed by Sony. Transferring to
DVD would be a lot better - and easier.

Gary Eickmeier
Old January 4th 05, 05:50 AM

Sony has a card-reader add-on for the Hi-MD line, the MCM-DR1--you can
see their announcement at

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...sc_HiMDWalkman

And there are pictures (and Dutch text) at

http://www.mdcenter.nl/redirect.php?...opic.php?t=902

Unless you're uploading music files, a Hi-MD recorder appears as a
drive--though you do have to install the rather clunky Sony software to
make the connection. Only music files get the pain-in-the-butt
treatment.

This info comes via Minidisc.org.