PSP 9 Challenges

Old September 21st 04, 01:51 AM
Dave

Default PSP 9 Challenges

Greetings!
I just attempted my first editing with PSP 9.
I need help.
I opened a 714 Kb file, added text, saved the file.
It grew to over 12 MB!

All I want to do is put a caption on the photo, plus name over the three
people in the picture.

The onboard help file did not provide the answers to my questions.

Does anybody have ideas on what I should do to keep the file to a small
size?

TIA!

-- Dave

Old September 21st 04, 05:25 AM
Julian Tan

Don't write in capital letters. Capital letters take up more space!!

Actually I'm just kidding. What Bill said is probably correct - try to
save again in the same format (JPEG). You can also change the
compression settings under save options.

Jules
------------------
Shuttertalk Forums Member
http://www.shuttertalk.com

Old September 21st 04, 08:32 PM
Big Bill

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:51:22 -0700, "Dave" wrote:

Greetings!
I just attempted my first editing with PSP 9.
I need help.
I opened a 714 Kb file, added text, saved the file.
It grew to over 12 MB!

All I want to do is put a caption on the photo, plus name over the three
people in the picture.

The onboard help file did not provide the answers to my questions.

Does anybody have ideas on what I should do to keep the file to a small
size?

TIA!

-- Dave

Save As a Jpeg file?
What did you Save As?

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Old September 21st 04, 10:41 PM
HRosita

Hi,

If PSP is like Photoshop, text goes on a separate layer. Does PSP have an
option to flatten layers?
Just a guess
Rosita