Digital Rebel XT and remote switch

Old August 17th 05, 11:22 PM
Dave

Default Digital Rebel XT and remote switch

Interested in playing with the bulb function on the XT. The manual
recommends the RS-60E3 but says that the RC-1 and RC-5 will work. Any
recommendations or +/- with any of these switches?

thanks
Old August 18th 05, 12:39 AM
G.T.

"Dave" wrote in message
Interested in playing with the bulb function on the XT. The manual
recommends the RS-60E3 but says that the RC-1 and RC-5 will work. Any
recommendations or +/- with any of these switches?

I have the Rebel XT and RC-1 and it works well for me. Cheap and simple.
Bulb works fine. I'm not so sure about mirror lockup, though.

Greg

Old August 18th 05, 02:58 AM
David Messina

If you will be standing behind the camera, you'll need the RS-60E3.
Otherwise, if you're going to be in front of the camera, and a few feet
away, you'll need the RC-1 or RC-5.

Old August 18th 05, 02:59 AM
CFB

In article , Dave
wrote:

Interested in playing with the bulb function on the XT. The manual
recommends the RS-60E3 but says that the RC-1 and RC-5 will work. Any
recommendations or +/- with any of these switches?

thanks

I have an RC-1 I was getting ready to sell on ebay. Send me an email and
I will send the link when I put it up. Or you can let me know if you
want to buy it now.

--

http://home.nc.rr.com/christianbonanno/
Old August 18th 05, 04:22 AM
G.T.

"David Messina" wrote in message
If you will be standing behind the camera, you'll need the RS-60E3.

I haven't yet needed to be in a spot where the RC-1 wouldn't work. Standing
to the side of camera within a couple of feet works fine for me.

Greg

Old August 18th 05, 11:55 PM
Dave R knows who

"Dave" wrote in message
Interested in playing with the bulb function on the XT. The manual
recommends the RS-60E3 but says that the RC-1 and RC-5 will work. Any
recommendations or +/- with any of these switches?

A friend got one of the remotes for his 300D (you have to stand in front of
the camera) but he says all it does it start the 10-second timer, it doesn't
work as a shutter release. Is he doing something wrong?

Old August 19th 05, 08:25 AM
G.T.

"Dave R knows who" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
Interested in playing with the bulb function on the XT. The manual
recommends the RS-60E3 but says that the RC-1 and RC-5 will work. Any
recommendations or +/- with any of these switches?

A friend got one of the remotes for his 300D (you have to stand in front

of
the camera) but he says all it does it start the 10-second timer, it

doesn't
work as a shutter release. Is he doing something wrong?

He may not being doing anything wrong but there is something wrong there.
With the RC-1 there is a switch spot for 2 sec delay, and one for immediate
shutter release. The setting for remote control on a Rebel or Rebel XT is
shared with the 10 sec timer but 0 delay or 2 sec delay of the remote
normally overrides the 10 sec timer on the camera.

Greg