Narrowing down selection for 3 or 4 MP compact

Old September 8th 04, 12:47 PM
BG250

Default Narrowing down selection for 3 or 4 MP compact

I'm replacing my Fuji 6800z. I've had it over three years. It still works,
and the image quality is very good, However, I want something with some
manual control, non proprietary batteries and less shutter lag.

What I'd like to have:
Uses AA batteries
Compact (but not all out tiny)
3 or 4 times zoom lens
some manual control, such as programmed exposure.
High image quality (sharp, minimum fringing & distortion, moiré...)

I was looking at the Sony DSC-P73. Anyone have this? Any others to consider?
thanks, BG

Old September 8th 04, 01:45 PM
Jerry G.

My preference for a digital camera is in the Canon, and Nikon models. The 4
mp models will have the upper edge for sharpness, especially if you want to
do any cropping from the pictures.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

Old September 9th 04, 07:45 AM
ittsy

"BG250" wrote in message ...
I'm replacing my Fuji 6800z. I've had it over three years. It still works,
and the image quality is very good, However, I want something with some
manual control, non proprietary batteries and less shutter lag.

What I'd like to have:
Uses AA batteries
Compact (but not all out tiny)
3 or 4 times zoom lens
some manual control, such as programmed exposure.
High image quality (sharp, minimum fringing & distortion, moiré...)

I was looking at the Sony DSC-P73. Anyone have this? Any others to consider?
thanks, BG

Canon Powershot A80 or A85 should do nicely.

Rose

Old September 9th 04, 09:01 AM
John Wright

"ittsy" wrote
Canon Powershot A80 or A85 should do nicely.

Yes, A85 - 4MP, very good features. A80 is better but is now outdated, now
replaced by the 5MP A95.

- JW

Old September 9th 04, 06:21 PM
nospam

Could you explain please, why the A80 is better than the A85 ? Is the A85 is
newer than the A80 ?
Do you know if the shutter lag of A85 is not so bad? I'm looking on B&H
website but can not find A80,
there is A85 at that price I think I will buy it , but I'm afraid that the
shuter lag is so much .

Thanks

"John Wright" wrote in message
u...
"ittsy" wrote

Old September 9th 04, 10:30 PM
BenOne©

nospam wrote:

Could you explain please, why the A80 is better than the A85 ? Is the A85 is
newer than the A80 ?
Do you know if the shutter lag of A85 is not so bad? I'm looking on B&H
website but can not find A80,
there is A85 at that price I think I will buy it , but I'm afraid that the
shuter lag is so much .

The A85 is not a replacement for the A80. Canon have a stupid way of renumbering
their cameras.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.