Canon Digital REBEL II

Old June 25th 04, 01:52 PM
LEICA

Default Canon Digital REBEL II

I've been saving to buy a Canon Digital Rebel. May make the leap in July. Just
wondering: Is there a newer model of this camera on the near horizon? I would
appreciate your comments on my purchase plans.

I haven't taken my best picture yet.
Old June 25th 04, 02:52 PM
Jeff Durham

If you want it now, buy it now. :-) Newer, better, and possibly cheaper
versions will always be on the horizon. I just got my Rebel two weeks ago
and have really enjoyed learning about it and using it. By the way, I
purchased mine at http://www.newegg.com as I have dealt with them before and
they have received high ratings from many that have bought from them. The
only thing I cannot say from experience is what happens if I have a faulty
item. Everything I have received from them has always worked so I have not
had to deal with their customer service department.

Jeff

Old June 25th 04, 04:32 PM
Phil Wheeler

LEICA wrote:

I've been saving to buy a Canon Digital Rebel. May make the leap in July. Just
wondering: Is there a newer model of this camera on the near horizon? I would
appreciate your comments on my purchase plans.

Hard to predict new releases. Next announcements are likely to be at
PhotoKina around Oct 1 with cameras available maybe by Dec. Speculation
is that Canon will next upgrade the 10D vs. the 300D/Drebel (which is
still less than a year old). But only Canon knows.

Digital Rebel: Excellent camera with less flexibility and features than
the 10D but equal image quality. It's also half a pound lighter and
comes with a good 18-55 mm lens. There is even a Russian-developed
firmware hack out there which adds many of the missing features re the 10D.

Phil

Old June 25th 04, 05:55 PM
Mark B.

"LEICA" wrote in message
I've been saving to buy a Canon Digital Rebel. May make the leap in July.

Just
wondering: Is there a newer model of this camera on the near horizon? I

would
appreciate your comments on my purchase plans.

I haven't taken my best picture yet.

Highly doubt Canon is going to announce a replacement for the Digital Rebel
since it just came out in the fall. More likely, though no guarantee of
course, is a replacement for the 10D. I would be surprised to see anything
announced before Photokina this fall.

Mark

Old June 25th 04, 06:25 PM
Wim Joppe

LEICA wrote:
I've been saving to buy a Canon Digital Rebel. May make the leap in July. Just
wondering: Is there a newer model of this camera on the near horizon? I would
appreciate your comments on my purchase plans.

I haven't taken my best picture yet.

Canon has said that the will introduce about
20 new camara's this year. They have about 10
to go at this moment. I am (almost) sure
that at least one of them will be a SLR.

I hope it will be a Digital Rebel II or so.

Wim

Old June 26th 04, 07:38 PM
Brian C. Baird

In article vOiDc.531032$Ar.457957
@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com, says...
And where exactly is the Sigma made?

In the glorious workers paradise, comrade!
Old June 26th 04, 08:48 PM
Darrell Larose

"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
In article vOiDc.531032$Ar.457957
@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com, says...
And where exactly is the Sigma made?

In the glorious workers paradise, comrade!

Isn't The Glorious Happy Worker's Factory #12, in the PRC still considered
Asia???