New Leica DEMANDS discipline!!

Old May 9th 16, 08:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default New Leica DEMANDS discipline!!

In article , nospam wrote:

In article
,

android:
sooo... you think that sandy is
creative... ahhh...

Eric Stevens:
He is with his snipping. I've often
taken him to task about that. His ability to distort
arguments is quite good too.

Sandman:
At least I'm not a proven liar like you, Eric.

Eric Stevens:
See what I mean?

Sandman:
Yeah, you insult me and get the same dish back at you
- aren't you surprised, Eric?

nospam:
other way around. as usual, you hurled the first
insult and then pretended to be surprised.

Sandman:
nospam 02/19/2015 05:03:31 PM

"it's not an insult when it's true."

nospam:
exactly.

he didn't insult you first, which means *you* are the one who
insulted first, as usual.

you're not fooling anyone.

Sandman:
I didn't insult anyone:

yes you did.

--
Sandman
Old May 9th 16, 08:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

nospam:
in the last 'argument', over a half-dozen people
proved you wrong with ample proof and all you could say was
'incorrect' along with the usual insults, all without a
shred of anything to refute anything that was said.

Sandman:
And when asked to support that claim, you were 100%
unable to provide one single Message-ID where that had been
done. Only hit air and personal attacks, it's what you do.

nospam:
i supported it, as did several others. you refused to
acknowledge your numerous mistakes.

Sandman:
You were 100% unable to post a single Message-ID, only hot air. It
was a fun show to see you flail around on the floor banging your
fists and claiming I was wrong. :-D

If you are referring to the argument about whether or not ISO is a
function of sensor size, the fact that you were not convinced does
not make you right.

Of course not. My onslaught of support for that was still uncontested though.
nospam was on the floor crying that me and all the people that agreed with me
was wrong without being able to post a single support for his viewpoint (which,
incidentally agreed with mine, but he could never let his pride admit to that).

Nor is it a matter which can be settled by
citing other people's opinions whether by Message-IDs or any other
way. It is a matter of physics and strict logic.

No, nospam claimed I had been shown "facts" that proved me wrong, and when
asked to post Message-ID's to those messages, he failed to do so for three
posts in a row, just whining on the floor that they supposedly existed without
being able to provide support for it.

I.e. just like *always*.

--
Sandman
Old May 23rd 16, 07:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 09/05/2016 10:11, PeterN wrote:
On 5/8/2016 5:01 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I actually did a quick and dirty scan of some double eight family stuff
for preservation. The method is described on my blog. I also took a
couple of reals that I shot in my late teens and I do think that
film as
a coolness that can't be found in digital. I didn't pursue film though
but stuck with stills as I found it to be amore affordable and
otherwise
manageable hobby.

Maine Media Workshops has been conducting a bunch of courses using film.
If there wasn't a lot of interest, those courses would not have been
continued for many years.

meanwhile, there are *far* more people taking courses for digital
photography. film is a tiny niche that's growing smaller every day.

My feeling is that a lot of folk realize that
there is indeed something cool about film.

nothing that can't be done using digital and with a lot less fuss.

Here you interject yourself into a conversation, by saying the same old
crap, which is irrelevant to the point. Go away little girl, unless you
have something of importance to add to the conversation.

I'll interject as well, to say that in the context of what nospam says
above, I agree with him 100%.

I can easily make digital look like film of the same size format.
There's no way I can make film of the same format look like digital.
Old May 23rd 16, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

My feeling is that a lot of folk realize that
there is indeed something cool about film.

nothing that can't be done using digital and with a lot less fuss.

Here you interject yourself into a conversation, by saying the same old
crap, which is irrelevant to the point. Go away little girl, unless you
have something of importance to add to the conversation.

I'll interject as well, to say that in the context of what nospam says
above, I agree with him 100%.

I can easily make digital look like film of the same size format.
There's no way I can make film of the same format look like digital.

Why not ?

because digital far surpasses anything film can do.

you can downgrade digital to look like film, but you can't improve upon
film to look like digital.

same with audio cds and vinyl. cds can be downgraded to sound like
vinyl records but vinyl can never sound as good as cds.
Old May 23rd 16, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

That is true, but it's more about the journey.
I have known this guy for many years. He would sooner have his fingers
chopped off, than use a different camera.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/CameraAwesomePhoto%20%281%29.jpg

Just to make things clear, at no time am I talking about video because I
have no first hand knowledge.

--
PeterN