[Eye Candy] That's All Folks!

Old June 28th 04, 11:04 PM
Simone Wellington

Default [Eye Candy] That's All Folks!

Thad wrote:

Me thinks this SG guy started this whole Preddy/Sigma thing to draw
attention to himself, with the ultimate goal of promoting his site in
order to sell prints.

Yeah right. The last thing I need is a poster print of the Alamo over
my fireplace - taken with a Sigma?!!?

-Simon Wellington
Old June 28th 04, 11:29 PM
Thad

Roland Karlsson wrote:

"Alan D-W" wrote in news:40e08b61$0$275
:

^^^ Site cannot be found. Rather similar to your brain Preddy.

This is not Preddy - a totally different guy (or doll).

This one even cross posts.

It might very well be him. The IP points to a server in Texas, just like
George and Georgette Preddy.

--

-Thad L.
Old June 28th 04, 11:39 PM
Mark B.

"Pedro Verne" wrote in message
om...
http://www.SigmaOnTour.tk

My work here is finished. It's been fun. That's all folks!

Well, isn't this interesting. The link above is actually the same one below
(missionphoto). The little girl in both galleries appears to be the same.

Old June 29th 04, 02:41 AM
Crownfield

Pedro Verne wrote:

http://www.SigmaOnTour.tk

My work here is finished. It's been fun. That's all folks!

and now we see what mediocre means.
Old June 29th 04, 12:36 PM
David Littlewood

In article , Alan Browne
writes
Pedro Verne wrote:

http://www.SigmaOnTour.tk
My work here is finished. It's been fun. That's all folks!

Considering your first posting on the subject (follow link below), we
are undewhelmed with the result.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T68212CA8

OTOH it is head and shoulders above anything ever seen posted by TP.

Alan,

While I can understand what you are trying to say, and why, I do not
believe that not posting pictures - in the context of an equipment NG -
is in itself a valid reason for criticism. I very much doubt, for
example, that you have ever seen a picture of mine, since I only do
prints and have never posted anything on the web. Whilst it is something
I mean to get around to when I have time, and I feel slightly remiss for
my lack of energy, I don't think such a failure devalues anyone's
contributions.

I mention this mainly to minimise the risk that anyone will be put off
asking for, or giving, help here just because they have no gallery.

Regards,

David

PS - I cut down the number of cross postings - no point in expressing my
views in places I never inhabit!
--
David Littlewood
Old June 29th 04, 06:19 PM
Alan Browne

David Littlewood wrote:

Alan,

While I can understand what you are trying to say, and why, I do not
believe that not posting pictures - in the context of an equipment NG -
is in itself a valid reason for criticism. I very much doubt, for
example, that you have ever seen a picture of mine, since I only do
prints and have never posted anything on the web. Whilst it is something
I mean to get around to when I have time, and I feel slightly remiss for
my lack of energy, I don't think such a failure devalues anyone's
contributions.

I mention this mainly to minimise the risk that anyone will be put off
asking for, or giving, help here just because they have no gallery.

I don't disagree in principle with you David. However you are
polite, urbane, modest, intelligent and probably handsome too.
The reason I (and others) hone in on TP is that he is such a rude
and critical asshole, that the Americanisms "All hat, no cattle"
and "He talks the talk, but does he walk the walk" come directly
into the foreground.

The reason he backlashes at me is simply because I steadfastly
will not let him off the hook. This makes me a target for him.

Because he takes such a position, his credentials do indeed bear
examination. The only credential that counts here is
photographs. So we await indication of his ability.

And we await, more patiently, your posts too. Join the SI, even
with archive material...

Cheers,
Alan

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old June 29th 04, 07:52 PM
David Littlewood

In article , Alan Browne
writes
David Littlewood wrote:

[...]

I wasn't trying to get in a private cat-fight, or even deny your right
to have one! I simply wanted to reduce the risk that newer members would
be put off contributing in case they thought that publication of
pictures was a pre-requisite :-)

PS, thanks for your kind comments. I'll see what my wife thinks about
the handsome, though!

David
--
David Littlewood
Old June 29th 04, 11:51 PM
Big Bill

On 28 Jun 2004 22:04:40 GMT, "Simone Wellington"
wrote:

Thad wrote:

Me thinks this SG guy started this whole Preddy/Sigma thing to draw
attention to himself, with the ultimate goal of promoting his site in
order to sell prints.

Yeah right. The last thing I need is a poster print of the Alamo over
my fireplace - taken with a Sigma?!!?

-Simon Wellington

The funny thing is, if you buy one of his pics of the Alamo, you don't
have a pic of the Alamo.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old June 30th 04, 04:11 AM
Regina Chan

i'm a bit lost here. did this guy actually take the pictures or were they
from somebody else's collection????

Old June 30th 04, 11:47 AM
Mark M

"Regina Chan" wrote in message
i'm a bit lost here. did this guy actually take the pictures or were they
from somebody else's collection????

This "guy" does not exist. He never did.
He is just another lame invention from the misguided mind of the person who
invented, and posts as, "George Preddy" and other similar sock puppets.