(November, 20th) Picture of the Week

Old November 21st 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default (November, 20th) Picture of the Week

Draco wrote:
Daniel,
I think I can see were Bret is trying
to lead you. See if you can find one
of his postings. It will lead you to his
images. Some of which are wonderful
and some not. The two of you are so far
different in content of images. But, so
close in showing your feelings. The two
of you may never agree on how to capture
a moment in time. But bringing emotion to
your photographs, you both do a great job.

Daniel and I are far apart, in more ways than one.
But I did like one thing he said: he takes pics that he likes.
We are alike in that respect.
I've described my philosophy of taking pics. I'd like to hear Daniel's
(or anyone else's).
Why do you take pics?

Old November 21st 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Draco wrote:
Good job of capture. Getting the expressions or
one of them pointing to the signs would have
convayed a stronger sense of the moment.
As it is, a good shot of afternoon theater
patrons.

Thanks Draco !

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old November 21st 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Annika1980 wrote:
Some of your pics feature advertisements or people admiring the work
of others.

And this picture showing people reading an adveert in the street :
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/55.html

It's forbidden to take the picture ? Tell me ? What's you problem ?

A few of them have you in the background photographing a photographer
while he takes pics.
What if YOU were that photographer? That's the pic I want to see.

Here are some examples, just from your POTW gallery:

(...)
Still laughing?

For sure all links it's clear that I'm taking _another_ picture of a
situation
in the street
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/29.html
Showing clearly the staff. It's not stealing anything.

And this one is a picture to commemorate the date of the abolition
of serfhood.
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/31.html

Don't be silly,crazy, or more.

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old November 21st 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Draco wrote:
I think I can see were Bret is trying
to lead you. See if you can find one
of his postings. It will lead you to his
images.

I don't want searching their posts.
Most picture are not of my taste.

But bringing emotion to
your photographs, you both do a great job.

The color seems to be off ?

Old November 21st 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Annika1980 wrote:
(...)
I've described my philosophy of taking pics. I'd like to hear
Daniel's (or anyone else's).
Why do you take pics?

I take picture just to lose my time, explaining things in this
NG. I suppose...

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old November 21st 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Daniel Rocha" wrote

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/29.html

A remake of Irma La Douce?

Don't be silly,crazy, or more.

On usenet?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.nolindan.com/da/index.htm

Old November 21st 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/29.html

A remake of Irma La Douce?

Hey... Who knows ?!

Don't be silly,crazy, or more.

On usenet?

Right, it's impossible...

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old November 21st 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Annika1980 wrote:
Draco wrote:
Daniel,
I think I can see were Bret is trying
to lead you. See if you can find one
of his postings. It will lead you to his
images. Some of which are wonderful
and some not. The two of you are so far
different in content of images. But, so
close in showing your feelings. The two
of you may never agree on how to capture
a moment in time. But bringing emotion to
your photographs, you both do a great job.

Daniel and I are far apart, in more ways than one.
But I did like one thing he said: he takes pics that he likes.
We are alike in that respect.
I've described my philosophy of taking pics. I'd like to hear Daniel's
(or anyone else's).
Why do you take pics?

Here is my philosophy on photography: I look at all the beauty in the
world and make a feeble attempt to capture some of it to share with
others. I know that no photo can capture the real beauty of a scene or
place, but the joy comes from the attempt.

That is a wonderful philosophy on photography. The joy truly does come
from the attempt. My philosophy is basically the same. The only time
I use b&w is when I want to shoot graphic portraits, and to make an
attempt at the photojournalistic side of photography. I've taken pics
of flowers in b&w, some where not bad, but color is far better when it
comes to flowers and nature.
Thanks to a superb teacher/friend, I don't have to worry about the
technical stuff that use to have me stumped.
Helen

Old November 21st 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

Annika1980 wrote:
Daniel and I are far apart, in more ways than one.
But I did like one thing he said: he takes pics that he likes.
We are alike in that respect.
I've described my philosophy of taking pics. I'd like to hear Daniel's
(or anyone else's).
Why do you take pics?

You said it there yourself,"...pics that he likes..."
You both are wonderful photographers. One works
in color and nature, one works in Black & white
and in the city. You both have your own view and
express it through your photography.

Brett, you are a nature boy(no disrespect there) and
are capturing the scenes of nature that Daniel may
never get a chance to see(or me).

Daniel you are a city boy(again no disrespect) and
you are showing us your scenes that some of us
don't or will never see.

I applaud both your efforts. I also do 90% of my
photography is Black & White. From portraits
to landscapes. Most of my learning was on the job
shooting for news services. So as for art I am lacking.
But some folks like what I do and I like what I do.

SO that is my two cents. Know you two can get back
to bitching.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old November 21st 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Daniel Rocha wrote:

And this picture showing people reading an adveert in the street :
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/55.html

It's forbidden to take the picture ? Tell me ? What's you problem ?

My problem is Frenchmen with thin skin.

Don't be such a Sensitive Sally.
You're free to take pics of anything you like, and I'm free to rip on
them.
I wasn't implying that you were trying to capitalize on the work of
others. I simply noted a theme I've picked up from your pics.
When I see one of your pics of people studying an advertisement, I just
don't "get it."
To me, it's just people studying an advertisement.
And the ones with just the advertisement... what's up with that?
Why not just go down to the art gallery and take some photos of the
famous paintings?

The worst pics are the ones of the other photographers doing a shoot.
It's like, "Hey, I was walking through town and saw a photographer
taking pics so I took a picture of him!"
Call me when YOU are the one taking the pics of the models. Or buy a
decent telephoto and take some shots of the models yourself. This might
not go over too well with the professional photographer who hired the
models, however. So you'll probably wanna keep your distance ...
something around 400mm seems about right.
Chicks dig the big glass.