(May, 22th) Picture of the Week

Old May 22nd 06, 10:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default (May, 22th) Picture of the Week

Hello,

I would like to show you the new picture of
the week, in b&w.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old May 22nd 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote:
I would like to show you the new picture of
the week, in b&w.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Once again, the presentation is too small for a valid critique.
The color does seem a bit off in this one, however.

Old May 22nd 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Nice work Daniel. You must have a lot
of charaters around your town to
photograph. ;-)

On my sceen it appears to be a little
flat. I would have cropped it a bit more.
bringing the players closer to the viewer.
You could have to shown the area they
are in with the towers and some sky
in the background. Some of the wood
walkway in the foreground will "ground"
the image. Nice compostition with the
"white" pushing the "black" further from
the mid-line post of the fence behind.

Nice work Daniel. I don't think the
color is off at all.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old May 22nd 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Draco wrote:
Nice work Daniel. You must have a lot
of charaters around your town to
photograph. ;-)

On my sceen it appears to be a little
flat.

Ha, people complained earlier photos had the shadows too dark, now too
pale g. I seem to go back & forth about how much contrast to use in an
image. Here's one I just did with very low contrast which I think works
well:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/neighborhoods/2006-05-20-castro-noe/_DSC1310-01.jpg
But I certainly mess up often enough.
It *is* worth experimenting.

As I look again at mine in photoshop, the histogram can stand a levels
adjustment without any damage and Daniel's cannot, his has a full
histogram. But the question is also a matter of artistic intent not just
numbers or standard expectations of what an exposure should be.

I would have cropped it a bit more.
bringing the players closer to the viewer.
You could have to shown the area they
are in with the towers and some sky
in the background. Some of the wood
walkway in the foreground will "ground"
the image. Nice compostition with the
"white" pushing the "black" further from
the mid-line post of the fence behind.

Nice work Daniel. I don't think the
color is off at all.

Agreed.

: - )
Old May 22nd 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Daniel Rocha" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to show you the new picture of
the week, in b&w.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Regards,

Hey! - I really like that one.....Sharp as a tack, and the background is
interesting, too.......

Old May 22nd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Paul wrote:
"...Ha, people complained earlier photos had the shadows too dark, now
too
pale g. I seem to go back & forth about how much contrast to use in
an
image. Here's one I just did with very low contrast which I think works

well:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/neighborh...

But I certainly mess up often enough.
It *is* worth experimenting..."

As I said, "on my screen the image seemed to be a little
flat." While yours is very soft in contrast. Yet it works
in this instance. Too bad that there are some many
wires in the fore ground. The tower reminds me of
the tall ships in dock. Awaiting the next voyage.

Good job on capturing the feeling of Frisco.

Old May 23rd 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Draco wrote:
Nice work Daniel.

Thanks Draco !

You must have a lot
of charaters around your town to
photograph. ;-)

Paris is a fantastic town !

On my sceen it appears to be a little
flat. I would have cropped it a bit more.
bringing the players closer to the viewer.

I have not cropped the framing because
I want to show them and their environment.
To show that they are in a bridge?

You could have to shown the area they
are in with the towers and some sky
in the background. Some of the wood
walkway in the foreground will "ground"
the image. Nice compostition with the
"white" pushing the "black" further from
the mid-line post of the fence behind.

Thanks !

Nice work Daniel. I don't think the
color is off at all.

Me too !
Thanks again Draco !

Regards,

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old May 23rd 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

William Graham wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Hey! - I really like that one.....Sharp as a tack, and the background
is interesting, too.......

Thanks William !

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old May 23rd 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Draco wrote:
As I said, "on my screen the image seemed to be a little
flat."

I have tried to correct the contrast, but loss a lot of details.
I decided to let the picture in is actual form !

Regards,

Old May 23rd 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel,
That comment was in responce to Paul
Furman. As far as I know the contrast is perfect
for the image in front of you. It is not your
problem if it looks a little flat or contrasty
on my screen.
I also see your point on showing it full frame
for us to see.There is plenty of detail in the
image on my screen. Which is fine.
I was just making a suggestion on cropping.

Keep shooting.