(April, 10th) Picture of the Week

Old April 10th 06, 09:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default (April, 10th) Picture of the Week

Hello,

I would like to show you the picture of the week.

A romantic picture taken on a welknown bridge in Paris
and in b&w.

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine//

Thanks for your attention.

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old April 10th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Sorry, correct link :

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Old April 10th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Morning Daniel,
On 'my' screen it is hard to see
any seperation between the two people
on the bridge. The image seems to
be a bit dark. Burning the sky more
and dodging the couple and the
barges behind them a bit more
would bring more to the viewer than
what you have now.

Very good in comp and idea. Details
are in the printing. Work some more on
those and you will have some quite
impressive images.

Keep at it.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old April 10th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Rather than give you your weekly verbal beat-down, I thought
that this week I'd simply comment on what I liked about the pic.

-Annika

Old April 10th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Gee Bret. At least you could offer some
constructive destructive advise.

Get some good shots?

Old April 10th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote:
Sorry, correct link :

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

It is hard to say on this one, the size you have posted does not match
the content. This might look a lot better larger but at this size it
is not much to look at.

The sky is pretty bland and it is hard to find much interesting to the
people who are only a handfull of pixels high and so dark as to be hard
to make out fully.

Scott

Old April 11th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Daniel Rocha" wrote in message
Sorry, correct link :

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

I really like the image and the mood it evokes. I do wish I was
experiencing it in a good sized print rather than a small web image - but
IMO it's not fair to hold the presentation against you - were it not for the
web you could not share the photo with me at all. So I accept the limits of
the media and say that I believe you have something good here.

--
Mark

Mostly photography...
http://www.marklauter.com

Old April 11th 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Draco wrote:
Morning Daniel,

Hello Draco

On 'my' screen it is hard to see
any seperation between the two people
on the bridge. The image seems to
be a bit dark.

A bit dark ? On my screen it's not too
dark.

Burning the sky more
and dodging the couple and the
barges behind them a bit more
would bring more to the viewer than
what you have now.

Seen.

Very good in comp and idea. Details
are in the printing. Work some more on
those and you will have some quite
impressive images.

Thanks Draco !

Old April 11th 06, 10:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Scott W wrote:
It is hard to say on this one, the size you have posted does not match
the content. This might look a lot better larger but at this size it
is not much to look at.

It's larger than previous weeks !

The sky is pretty bland and it is hard to find much interesting to the
people who are only a handfull of pixels high and so dark as to be
hard to make out fully.

You found the picture dark too... Strange... I can't see it too dark !

Old April 11th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Beach Bum wrote:

Hello,

I really like the image and the mood it evokes.

Thanks !

I do wish I was experiencing it in a good sized print rather than
a small web image - but IMO it's not fair to hold the presentation
against you

I can't show a print on my website

- were it
not for the web you could not share the photo with me at all.

Exactly !

So I
accept the limits of the media and say that I believe you have
something good here.

Thanks for your comments !