Konica Impresa 50

Old March 26th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Konica Impresa 50

Does anyone know of any source of this film in any size? Konica-Minolta
keeps claiming that it isn't discontinued, but it's impossible to find. Do
any of the other Konica-Minolta films resemble Impresa?
Thanks you

Old March 26th 06, 09:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote:

Does anyone know of any source of this film in any size? Konica-Minolta
keeps claiming that it isn't discontinued, but it's impossible to find. Do
any of the other Konica-Minolta films resemble Impresa?

Even if you find any, it is no longer being manufactured, so in the
near future, you won't be able to buy it anywhere.

Try Fujichrome Provia 100F instead.

Old March 26th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
Does anyone know of any source of this film in any size? Konica-Minolta
keeps claiming that it isn't discontinued, but it's impossible to find.

Do
any of the other Konica-Minolta films resemble Impresa?
Thanks you

There's nothing like it in the Konica range - it was almost as unique
as Kodachrome 25, and damn near as grainless...!

Fuji Reala is a bit like a less-contrasty version of it, but the colour
balance is quite different (Impresa did the best blues I have ever seen
- it was a superb film for landscapes/ beach scenes/and 'things' eg
cars/architecture/cityscapes, but was sometimes a little 'cold' for
portraiture - sorry, I'm rambling!). That's assuming you want to stick
to negative. Provia is probably the best match in transparency.

As far as the blues, I would say Astia performs better than Provia. However
neither comes close to Impresa. If you thumb through my photo albums, which
contain some prints made from Astia, you'd see that the Impresa prints just
jump out at you. Konica is supposed to continue producing film for another
year or two. I know that the Minilabs aren't having trouble getting supply
of the other Konica emulsions. It seems that the only one that's truly
dried up is Impresa. I read a few months ago from a post from Japan that
the film was discontinued in Japan a year or two ago, however their US
office insists that the film is not discontinued. I'd love to see Fuji pick
it up but I'm not holding my breath. The film did stink with flash - I
wasted a couple of rolls testing that out, but in daylight it was
incredible.

Old March 27th 06, 10:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote:

Konica is supposed to continue producing film for another
year or two. I know that the Minilabs aren't having trouble getting supply
of the other Konica emulsions. It seems that the only one that's truly
dried up is Impresa. I read a few months ago from a post from Japan that
the film was discontinued in Japan a year or two ago, however their US
office insists that the film is not discontinued.

Don't confuse "discontinued" with "no longer manufactured".

The US office will insist that the film is not discontinued as long as
some stocks are still available. But its manufacture may have stopped
some time ago.