(PIC) The reason for more contrast

Old December 4th 05, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default (PIC) The reason for more contrast

JimKramer wrote:
After looking online for Ilford's SFX and finding a long list of
"where's my SFX film?" questions, any thoughts on where I could find
some?

This link came up too:
http://www.digitaltruth.com/chart/sc...-paterson.html

Ilford's Info sheet online for SFX is copyrighted 2002. Do they still
make it?

Thanks,
Jim

One of my local places still had some, but it might just be a left-over
from a last shipment. I knew that Ilford stated they would discontinue
this film, but there should be some stocks still out there. My guess is
that all that criticism about it not being a "true" infrared film turned
off potential buyers. That is definitely a shame, since it makes a quite
nice normal extended range film.

Kodak TMX400 is another choice that you might like. I find it too harsh
on contrast and not what I want in skin tones, so I have little use for
it with my B/W work.

As to the info sheet link, all I have to say is that after trying
Ilfotec DD-X with Ilford Delta 3200 and HP5+, I am convinced it is the
best choice. It might be worth taking a test film of the same scene,
cutting into strips, and trying several different developers. Then you
can see which might give you the best negative to use for your images.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com