Well, I'm off to the UK

Old December 31st 04, 02:11 AM
Bandicoot

"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
For vacation. I'll have plenty of bland tourist pictures for you when I
get back.

Anywhere I know? Happy to buy you a drink if so...

Peter

Old January 5th 05, 06:39 PM
Peter Chant

me wrote:

Those sneaky brit *******s have all kinds of obfuscated obscenities and
slang. Look here before you go: http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm
;-)
Film best!
me

So, are you hot to trot for your trip to Blighty?

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old January 6th 05, 01:33 AM
Bandicoot

"Peter Chant" wrote in message
me wrote:

Those sneaky brit *******s have all kinds of obfuscated obscenities and
slang. Look here before you go: http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm
;-)
Film best!
me

So, are you hot to trot for your trip to Blighty?

Sounds like the old cove is gagging for it, what?

Peter (a different one)

Old January 6th 05, 10:44 PM
Alan Holmes

"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
For vacation. I'll have plenty of bland tourist pictures for you when I
get back.

You'll be sorrrrry!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Old January 7th 05, 10:22 PM
Brian C. Baird

In article , "Bandicoot"
says...
"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
For vacation. I'll have plenty of bland tourist pictures for you when I
get back.

Anywhere I know? Happy to buy you a drink if so...

Peter

D'oh! This was posted while I was in the air. I'm back now, but I was
in London. Your ales are quite good.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
Old January 9th 05, 01:33 AM
Bandicoot

"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
In article , "Bandicoot"
says...
"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
For vacation. I'll have plenty of bland tourist pictures for you when

get back.

Anywhere I know? Happy to buy you a drink if so...

Peter

D'oh! This was posted while I was in the air. I'm back now, but I was
in London. Your ales are quite good.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Well, sorry I missed you - but glad you liked the beer!

Peter

Old January 9th 05, 01:41 AM
Brian C. Baird

In article , "Bandicoot"
says...
D'oh! This was posted while I was in the air. I'm back now, but I was
in London. Your ales are quite good.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Well, sorry I missed you - but glad you liked the beer!

Peter

It was nice being able to sample some of the true UK ales from the cask.
Here we can get stuff in the bottle, but it doesn't come anywhere near
the pints I drank.

I thought I'd feel a bit out of place in pubs outside the touristy
areas, but the opposite was true. Often, I saw just as many American
college students in the local pubs as I did natives waiting for the
football game to start.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/