Minolta Digital Maxxum 7D??

Old September 25th 04, 06:44 PM
mcl

Default Minolta Digital Maxxum 7D??

Anyone have any pricing information on the new Konica Digital Maxxum coming
out. I've seen the info on their website. It has plenty of technical info
but no pricing. Any info on that?

http://konicaminolta.com/releases/2004/0915_01_01.html

http://konicaminolta.com/products/co...-7d/index.html

http://konicaminolta.com/products/co...fications.html

Old September 26th 04, 02:39 AM
Magnus W

"mcl" mo_spam_levinemc_no_spam_at_no_sman_charter.net_n o_spam wrote in
:

Anyone have any pricing information on the new Konica Digital Maxxum
coming out. I've seen the info on their website. It has plenty of
technical info but no pricing. Any info on that?

"Slightly under EOS 20D for body only" is, at this point, a safe
assumption. Judging from Minolta official info, actually. Personally I
wouldn't have been surprised if it was more, sucking in the early adopters
and Minolta system owners, but seeing that "early adopting" is somewhat of
an oxymoron when it comes to this specific camera Minolta has decided to
play it safe and compete for the whole market.

Old September 26th 04, 04:04 AM
BUFF

"mcl" mo_spam_levinemc_no_spam_at_no_sman_charter.net_n o_spam wrote in
message ...
Anyone have any pricing information on the new Konica Digital Maxxum

coming
out. I've seen the info on their website. It has plenty of technical info
but no pricing. Any info on that?

In the UK it is supposed to list at about 2.5x what a Dynax/Maxxum 7 body
actually retails for (as opposed to list).
Going by the usual "we pay in £ what you pay in $" that would put it ~$1150
body only.
Needless to say one expects to see it discounted from list.

Old September 26th 04, 03:48 PM
Alan Browne

BUFF wrote:

In the UK it is supposed to list at about 2.5x what a Dynax/Maxxum 7 body
actually retails for (as opposed to list).
Going by the usual "we pay in £ what you pay in $" that would put it ~$1150
body only.
Needless to say one expects to see it discounted from list.

By a more round about method I arrive at a similar, slightly higher US$ price
for the US... of course of K-M would actually get the damned thing to market...