Funky IR Artefact

Old May 1st 18, 12:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Funky IR Artefact

On 2018-05-01 10:04:10 +0000, Dense Dave AKA Whisky-dave said:

Yes and you get a red picture or a monochrome image of the seen in IR
light but only provided yuor sensor can record that and not just
visable light.
This was NEVER my aim.

Oki... but that is what IR photography really is. Not red of course
but a monochrome representation of that that the eye can't perceive.

which is pretty boring as I said I did it in the 70s. There is a use
for IR but it's not photographically very pleasing especaily after
you've seen a few dozen white trees. There's always X-ray too but I
think health and safety might get in the way, but then again I'm
waiting for the FLIR camera to get higher resolutions.

My aim was to record as much of teh spectrum as I could with a camera.
if I could have brought a roll of ultraviolet film I would have done that too.
I wanted as much of the spectum as possible, why do people use HDR ?
I wanted to go further.

If want full spectrum then rip out the IR block

You haven't done that with your camera though have you, which was my point.
If/when you do you might find some problems as far as exposure and focusing.

No but no problems if... We're talking MILKs, of course...

and don't replace it with anything. I would go monochrome then since
you can't filter out IR on select photosites and thus will end up
toons of fake colors...

Depending on your sensor and lens.

Dense Dave was the name...

Conversions there you remove all pixel filters

what are pixel filters ?

That Bayer matrix plastic sheet that's in front of the sensor and the
true pixels, or photosites....

are pixels real ?
No they are fake too, our eyes also see an image in seperate colours
our brain then translates what the eye 'sees', and all colours are fake.
But like sound we divide them up into useful chunks to describe them.

Pixels are real, discrete sensor averaging input to a certain area but
that count you see in specs sheets are interpolated pseudo pixels...
--
teleportation kills

Old May 1st 18, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 1, 2018, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

Snip

I did a search for converting my canon G10 to IR seems there are a few
options.

https://www.lifepixel.com/shop/our-s...ersions/canon-
point-and-shoot-infrared-conversion

I'm tempted by the 590nm and the HYPER color IR, if only I knew what it was.

Lifepixels gives a pretty good explaination of their options. Take a look at
the video, and each of the demo strips can be expanded to give additional
information by clicking on the strip.

https://www.lifepixel.com/infrared-filters-choices

Savageduck

Old May 1st 18, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-01 13:27:08 +0000, Dense Dave AKA Whisky-dave said:

what's a MILK then.
I need to be sure were talking about the same thing is it teh same as a MILC ?

So you're the typo police officer of the day?
--
teleportation kills

Old May 1st 18, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-01 13:27:08 +0000, Dense Dave AKA Whisky-dave said:

what's a MILK then.
I need to be sure were talking about the same thing is it teh same as a MILC ?

So you're the typo police officer of the day?
--
teleportation kills

I'm asking what the K means that's all do yuo have a problem with that.

Obvious typo! Why would a typoprone idiot like you care? Hey, I'm
watching the streets on weeeb cams. Three demos and no riots, soo far...
--
teleportation kills

Old May 1st 18, 07:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-01 13:27:08 +0000, Dense Dave AKA Whisky-dave said:

what's a MILK then.
I need to be sure were talking about the same thing is it teh same as a MILC ?

So you're the typo police officer of the day?
--
teleportation kills

I'm asking what the K means that's all do yuo have a problem with that.

Obvious typo! Why would a typoprone idiot like you care?

because I thought you were trying to be 'clever' like you were with the
so called artifact in your IR photo. Now I know whenever you type MILK
you mean a mirrorless camera.

you should now realse that you weren't getting the IR you thought you
were getting

Hey, I'm watching the streets on weeeb cams.

Talking of wee things, I've been given a shedule so I know when they
need access to my office and others to install the new fire alarm
system, they also need acess to the Male we room and the female we
room, I've asked what these actualy are they could be the toilets ? so
why not say toilets, WC, bathroom ****house, bog, crapper, something we
all know.
The people that send out these things are called professional services.
I've always thought that term meant an expensive prostitute :-)

Three demos and no riots, soo far...

Well that sounds exciting all I get is emails about we rooms, where or
what are you observing ?

--
teleportation kills

Interesting, in sooo many ways! Some *very* disturbing*. Don't worry
though, he still has guardians...
--
teleportation kills