(mostly OT) Venting

Old August 26th 04, 03:44 AM
Rich Pos

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 02:30:15 GMT, Al Denelsbeck
wrote:

May even take up golf!

I'll bet it would take a lot more than a beat up D60 to make this
happen )

RPŠ

Old August 26th 04, 05:13 AM
Sabineellen

"Martin Francis" wrote in
:

Hi Martin, I'm not a photographer but the situation you describe is not
unfamiliar to me, so my comment would be in general terms.

All I can say is that if you have food and shelter then you ought to be
thankful, 'cos those are the real necessities. Anything more than that is
simply very very very nice. So make those two your priorities, and whether it's
a menial job or whatever, that's okay, as long as it gets you those necessities
then it's very good. That said, it doesn't have to be so menial; you seek out
to have the best you can, and no more than thatt.

As for graduation, I think one of the best pieces of advice I can think of in
general terms it to seek a mentor, someone experienced and accomplished from
the profession whose work you admire and who is well connected, for informal
mentorship. Not someone with whom you have a formal relationship such as a
tutor or whatever, but someone you can ask on personal terms and can relate to
over time. Most people would be flattered to be asked, as long as you keep your
expectations low and requests very very modest. If the person you ask says no,
ask another one. A mentor can give you valuable advice and sometimes may also
offer you links and connections, though my advice is to not have any such
expectations but only expect advice and be thankful for it, and not request any
more than he/she offer you without your request.

Old August 26th 04, 07:00 PM
Al Denelsbeck

Rich Pos wrote in
:

wrote:

May even take up golf!

I'll bet it would take a lot more than a beat up D60 to make this
happen )

I didn't say what *kind* of golf...

You know, with a good driver you can hammer one *through* the
windmill...

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below

Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old August 26th 04, 09:50 PM
Bandicoot

"jimkramer" wrote in message
"Martin Francis" wrote in message
I've been sat here for ages, trying to think what to type. There just

seems
to be so many things to complain about or question right now. Because I

am
in transition; I am looking for a new job, and new camera systems.

[SNIP]

Plan B:

Marry some rich bird that will get you what ever you want.

Obviously, Jim, you've never seen a picture of Martin. ;-)

Don't give up.

If plan B works out, I'd like to be adopted. I can be the foreign son you
wish you never had.

Hmmm - on the other hand, me too.

Peter