(mostly OT) Venting

Old August 28th 04, 11:19 PM
Richard H. Weiner

Martin Francis wrote:
Perhaps I should get a(nother) menial shop job. And a life.

I am in a situation working at a place where the job is 'just a job'. I
can tell you it's getting harder and harder for me to feel motivated to
get there in the morning and somehow survive the day without screwing up
so much that I'll be canned. But there are bills to pay, food to buy and
keeping the roof over the head. If there is any benefit to this that
would be that I have the cash flow to purchase the equipment and
supplies for my Soul Nourishing pastime. Unfortunately I know that I'm
not at the stage of development in this to be able to chuck the day
job...and I have (honestly) shed many tears in frustration feeling
imprisoned in a lackluster job/career, while I so *dreadfully* want to
be out 'there' doing nothing but photography...and making a living from
it. But that status is for the fortunate few...or those willing to
divorce themselves from everything in life such as comfort, security of
income, physical sustenance, relationships, etc. etc.

I, too, lived the life of a student once or twice in my life. That
educational situation was a great falsehood. You were only expected to
attend your classes, do your assignments and pass your tests. All the
necessities of your studies were provided...studios, equipment,
time...and in many cases these were top of the line, or at least
something beyond your financial abilities to have. Then once you finish
and you are standing on the other side of the door where you are always
welcome to visit but not to stay, reality suddenly hits. You don't have
that cocoon anymore and you have to somehow make do with what you've
got. Plus...all those worries you never heeded while in school?...well
they get dumped on you, in Spades!

So, you are not alone, we've all been where you are at this moment and
while you may think that you are suffering terribly right now believe us
when we say you'll get through it...but remember one or two things and
carry these with you wherever you go...

**** Happens

and

Get Over IT...