Suggestions for entry level medium format camera please

Old March 21st 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Andrew Price

Default Suggestions for entry level medium format camera please

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:33:12 -0400, Michael
wrote:

Pentax 6x7 or 67 or 67II. No contest.

How do the Pentax rangefinders compare with the Mamiya 7 or the Fuji
GW670 cameras?
Old March 22nd 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lobby Dosser

"Mr. Strat" wrote:

In article CjHEj.13471$2Y4.7143@trndny01, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Also the C220.

Ick.

And don't forget the Bronica. Some great deals out there.

I'd forget them. They've always been a poor man's Hasselblad.

I'm poor.
Old March 22nd 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Stefan Patric

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:34:32 -0700, Tony wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am wanting opinions on which 2nd hand medium format camera to buy.

I am currently using a Nikon F4 as my film camera using velvia slide
film.
I want to increase the film size, I like shooting people, but also enjoy
taking landscapes and scenery when traveling.

My budget in $1000 to start with so that limits the field I know.

A Mamiya 645 1000s with 80mm, 45mm, and 150mm lenses can be had for about
$1000, maybe, less. Light, compact, very portable. Excellent optics.

Stef