{SI} Backlit Comments

Old March 9th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default {SI} Backlit Comments

Al Denelsbeck wrote:
[And now the best part - can he actually resist going to the SI to
check?]

- Al.

Saddly Al, you are not the one although I have no doubt you'd like to be.
Check? me? why?
I already saw the picture and didn't think that much of it in the first
place. I don't need a second look.

---
www.photosbydouglas.com
www.weprint2canvas.com
If you really must write,use my
name at an above domain.

Old March 9th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

ShibbyShane wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25 and
again last night.

I submitted two pictures and neither of them went up, not sure if
that's ok as this was my first time submitting.

snip

I sent one, back there somewhere. No joy.

I thought for a while it was some basic incompatiblility between me
and r.p.e.35mm, but now I see my aversion to a certain really
big-print fanatic may have had a role.

Better luck next time.

Any road, this is the one I would have submitted:
http://www.fototime.com/1BF0AC72A0CB6DB/orig.jpg

Here are a few more ideas I played with:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/02DCFAFF302CD4F

Thank you for your kind attention.

--
Frank ess

Old March 10th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Frank ess wrote:

I sent one, back there somewhere. No joy.

I thought for a while it was some basic incompatiblility between me
and r.p.e.35mm, but now I see my aversion to a certain really
big-print fanatic may have had a role.

--
Frank ess

Well good news for you Frankie baby...
D-Mac is in da hole.
You just gotta filter on it and you're clear of me. (for now).

Old March 10th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Frank ess wrote:
ShibbyShane wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25 and
again last night.

I submitted two pictures and neither of them went up, not sure if
that's ok as this was my first time submitting.

snip

I sent one, back there somewhere. No joy.

snip

Any road, this is the one I would have submitted:
http://www.fototime.com/1BF0AC72A0CB6DB/orig.jpg

That's a really nice shot.
Any filters or anything?

Here are a few more ideas I played with:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/02DCFAFF302CD4F

LOL who cuts your dog's hair???

Thank you for your kind attention.

Old March 10th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Paul Furman wrote:
Frank ess wrote:
ShibbyShane wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25
and
again last night.

I submitted two pictures and neither of them went up, not sure if
that's ok as this was my first time submitting.

snip

I sent one, back there somewhere. No joy.

snip

Any road, this is the one I would have submitted:
http://www.fototime.com/1BF0AC72A0CB6DB/orig.jpg

That's a really nice shot.
Any filters or anything?

Thank you.
Nothing beyond a little curves and a little USM, after letting ACR do
its "As Shot" thing, except Sharp=0.

Here are a few more ideas I played with:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/02DCFAFF302CD4F

LOL who cuts your dog's hair???

The same person who did Billy Idol? Actually, it's a Xoloitzcuintle;
that brand comes with a built-in "Mohawk".

--
Frank ess

Old March 10th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Here's a cool backlit photo (not mine):
http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/portfol...pages/006.html
Old March 10th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Frank ess" wrote:

Any road, this is the one I would have submitted:
http://www.fototime.com/1BF0AC72A0CB6DB/orig.jpg

Here are a few more ideas I played with:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/02DCFAFF302CD4F

Thank you for your kind attention.

Nice work, Frank. All of them.

Old March 10th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Frank ess" wrote in news5KdnT6B7vtNMY3ZRVn-
:

ShibbyShane wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25 and
again last night.

I submitted two pictures and neither of them went up, not sure if
that's ok as this was my first time submitting.

snip

I sent one, back there somewhere. No joy.

I thought for a while it was some basic incompatiblility between me
and r.p.e.35mm, but now I see my aversion to a certain really
big-print fanatic may have had a role.

Better luck next time.

Any road, this is the one I would have submitted:
http://www.fototime.com/1BF0AC72A0CB6DB/orig.jpg

Here are a few more ideas I played with:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/02DCFAFF302CD4F

Thank you for your kind attention.

Frank, there are further options, and if I wasn't tight on time
this morning, I'd enumerate them here.

Busy today and most of tomrrow, I think - I'll get back to you, or
maybe Alan can jump in with the alternate procedure.

All submissions to the regular address (si@[domain the same as sig
file gallery]) receive an autoresponse, so if you didn't get that, it
never made it as far as my server. I would suggest trying again, and/or
from a different send address if you have that option.

Or, since it's publicly posted, at least this time around, give me
some more particulars here on the newsgroup- posting name, specs on
photo, etc.

Otherwise I'll be back Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old March 10th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

ShibbyShane wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Al. No worries; I'll worm my way in sooner or later.

--
Frank ess