"Why Raw" Article

Old September 5th 05, 02:21 PM
Bart van der Wolf

wrote in message
In message ,

SNIP
That looks interesting. Do you have one? Is glare an issue?

I have one from Kodak that covers 10 stops, but that is too limited
because the channels are not equally sensitive, which requires
combining different exposures to clip on the bright side, and be noise
limited by dynamic range on the dark side.

I'm in the process of ordering the T4110, and I'm building a dedicated
lightbox/contraption with masked opaline glass as a diffusor, and a
kind of ambient-light shade on the front. The Imatest software I use
will also allow to make sure that the illumination of the target is
uniform, and I can measure/calibrate the target (in place)
transmission and spectral characteristics with the Eyeone Photo's
Spectrophotometer.

I'm experimenting with the lightsource to use, but I'll probably
either end up with 5300K or 6500K fluorescent tube lighting (which
makes it hard to restrict lighting to only the target holder), or a
shielded electronic flash rear window. It'll probably be the flash
exposure (more consistent/repeatable and shorter exposure times).

Bart