[SI] Two Important Updates

Old September 1st 04, 12:43 PM
Al Denelsbeck

Default [SI] Two Important Updates

Now that everybody did as I asked and marked their calendars for their
mandatedates, uh, whatever, I'm gonna change them. Matt White had to
regrettably remove himself from the list, and since he was first, that means
everybody moves up one in the ratings. So that means the dates now a

Eric Quesnel-Williams October 8, 2004 October 24, 2004
Leroy Jolicoeur October 22, 2004 November 7, 2004
Alan Browne November 5, 2004 November 21, 2004
Bruce Murphy November 19, 2004 December 5, 2004
Simon Wellington December 3, 2004 December 19, 2004
Thaddeus Lip****z December 17, 2004 January 2, 2005
Simon Lee December 31, 2004 January 16, 2005
Jim Kramer January 14, 2005 January 30, 2005
Michael J. Hoffman January 28, 2005 February 13, 2005
Bowser February 11, 2005 February 27, 2005
Steelydan February 25, 2005 March 13, 2005
Richard Cockburn March 11, 2005 March 27, 2005
Matt Clara March 25, 2005 April 10, 2005
Mike Henley April 8, 2005 April 24, 2005
Lionel April 22, 2005 May 8, 2005
Peter Boorman "Bandicoot" May 6, 2005 May 22, 2005
Brian Baird May 20, 2005 June 5, 2005
Al Denelsbeck June 3, 2005 June 19, 2005
Steve McCartney June 17, 2005 July 3, 2005
Vic Mason July 1, 2005 July 17, 2005

... and again, apologies for any tabbing errors.

SECOND UPDATE: We've only had a few new suggestions come in, and we need
to keep these things moving since the date looms ever closer, so it's time
to vote on the Birthday Bash (I have been neglectful of staying as abreast
of this as I should, but I'll be happy to blame all of you, or maybe Bret
;-)).

So here's the list as it stands now. Pick any one, and *e-mail* your
vote to me, at either address. These would be
"news[at]wading[dash]in[dot]net" or "si[at]wading[dash]in[dot]net". I will
reply directly when I receive your vote, to confirm that I have it - don't
confuse this with the auto-response on the "si" account. I will also post
the list of voters here to give anyone a last chance to speak up.

The List - Choose one, give me the number and the name *in e-mail*:

1. "Wild Card" - Pick the mandate of your choice from any previous SI
gallery.

2. "Best Photo" - Submit the best photo you've taken within the period
the SI has been active, i.e., one year.

3. "Do It Right" - Redo a past submission for the SI, with better
control or conditions; this may include an alternate shot you ended up
liking better or received back from the lab too late.

4. "Photographer's Choice" - I will take extreme liberties here to
distinguish this from "Wild Card" and "Best Photo", and say that this does
not have to be a previous mandate choice, but it *cannot* be archive, it
*must* be shot within the standard two-week mandate period. Otherwise, you
determine your own subject ahead of time, as if you were provided a mandate
(honor system here). Helps to tell us all what it was.

5. "Cheerleaders" - Yes, I know, it was probably a joke, but what the
hell. Send a pic of a cheerleader. Remember the rulz ...

6. "A Big Event" - Since it's the SI's birthday, submit a photograph
reflecting some other big event - we want to see the celebration.

7. "Special Guest" - If chosen, Al will scramble madly to find a
suitable real celebrity (preferably photographer) to provide us with a
mandate.

8. "Self Portrait" - Also probably a joke, but it's here now.

9. "Something I've Never Tried Before" - Again, some liberties taken by
the Admin, but I'll call this either a photographic technique, or an image
that reflects the title adequately, like bungee-jumping or space walks. No,
I won't accept "submitting for the SI" in there, you gotta try harder than
that.

That's the list, nine choices. Vote away!

Please bear in mind - I have to keep this moving, so "late" votes (and
I've set no date), people out of town, people that missed the announcement,
and so on might miss out. I will try to avoid this as much as possible and
re-post this, but it *is* a vote and, typically, the mandate you're usually
given you have no say in anyway, right? Don't get too crabby if you don't
get counted - it's all in good fun.

This is *not* just open to participants - anyone reading this may vote.
But since they're being sent by e-mail, ballot stuffing might just be
noticed by the Admin and discounted or simply "never received",
hahahahahahahaaaaa!

Have fun everyone!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert a dash between "wading" and "in".
Please excuse the changed format, I'm working remotely.

Old September 1st 04, 09:33 PM
Richard Cockburn

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in
:

1. "Wild Card" - Pick the mandate of your choice from any previous SI
gallery.

I always like that one. ;-)

--
"We are twice armed if we fight with faith." (Plato)

-Richard Cockburn